• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prayer Tree for July 2014

SeaShell

Would you like to be a part of a Prayer Tree for July 2014?

Here’s how it works.
You can choose to be one or both of the following:

Prayer Tree Branch
You are someone who needs prayers for the month of July 2014. Put your name down as a Branch of the tree.
(A branch as a symbol of need)

Prayer Tree Root
You are someone who is able to pray for the branches during the month of July 2014. Put your name down as a Root of the tree.
(A root as a symbol of faith - expressed through prayer - to support those in need.)
All that is required from you is to pray for the branches during the month of July – anywhere, anyhow, anytime – as you can. You can pray every day or every week or whenever you are able to.
You can pray for branches by their names (if you can remember them) or just pray for the PR Prayer Tree Branches for the month.

SeaShell

@rosie26 @WillowJ

Thank you for being a part of this Prayer Tree. If you can, please check this thread during the month for any other prayer requests that are posted here.

For this month, please include the following in your prayers:
  • Rosie26
  • Our Severe ME Sufferers around the World
  • WillowJ
  • SeaShell
also
  • Gingergrrl43
  • GracieJ

Last edited:

SeaShell

A few flowers of inspiration/reflection for our Prayer Tree.
“I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.”
Abraham Lincoln

Faith

When you walk to the edge of all the light you have
and take that first step into the darkness of the unknown,
you must believe that one of two things will happen:
There will be something solid for you to stand upon,
or, you will be taught how to fly​

Patrick Overton

Hope is the thing with feathers

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

Emily Dickinson

SeaShell

Please continue to add names during the month, if you wish to do so.

If there is a particular day when you need extra prayers or have a special need/request, add that in, so those who log in that day and check this thread may be able to pray for you.

SeaShell

@rosie26 Glad you picked up that Justy is not well and added her name to the list here.
I have the names on a sheet of paper for my reference. I check into this thread whenever I can, to see if there are any new names to add to my list. If I can't check in, I include "whoever may have been added to this tree" until I am able to log in and check.