• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vitamin B2 for dry eyes

Sasha

Fine, thank you
@Asklipia - I noticed on the RS thread that you had success with taking B2 for dry eyes.

Is it right that you noticed an improvement after only three days? What dose were you taking?

Thanks! I've had very troublesome dry eyes for 18 months now.

Asklipia

We had dry eyes for years. Then we were fine after all we did. However this came back with PS at a point. It went away after 3 days of 12.5 mg B2 (and stopping PS). Now all is fine again.
Even better than before.
For the moment.
I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
We had dry eyes for years. Then we were fine after all we did. However this came back with PS at a point. It went away after 3 days of 12.5 g B2 (and stopping PS). Now all is fine again.
Even better than before.
For the moment.
I hope this helps.

Can I just check that dose - I've got a bottle of B2 capsules in my cupboard (was using them two or three years ago on a methylation protocol) and the dose of an individual capsule is 100mg, i.e. 0.1g. 12.5g would be 125 capsules!

Asklipia

Can I just check that dose - I've got a bottle of B2 capsules in my cupboard (was using them two or three years ago on a methylation protocol) and the dose of an individual capsule is 100mg, i.e. 0.1g. 12.5g would be 125 capsules!
BIG MISTAKE!!!!!! 12,5 MG sorry

Sasha

Fine, thank you
BIG MISTAKE!!!!!! 12,5 MG sorry

Phew! I was going to be too scared to take half a bottle a day. :eek:

12.5mg seems really small, though! Only a tenth of a capsule. Can I ask how you arrived at that dose as being the correct one to take? And did you have to break a capsule to take it, or did you have a brand that's low-dose?

Asklipia

It is not possible to absorb more than 27 mg of B2 at one go. Sorry, but you will have to look for this, I don't remember where I found it.

Because of this I only bought tablets, which I could break, different brands every time.
I tried to supplement just enough, because any extra over what you need will upset the balance and start other problems.
With 12.5 mg we had good effects. It is all documented week by week in the B2 I love you thread. I am sorry if I cannot summarize it for you, but I have written at length and given all the information at the time.
Good luck!

adreno

PR activist
If your eyes are bloodshot or heavily vascularized that would be a sign of B2 deficiency.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Symptoms of riboflavin deficiency include fatigue; slowed growth; digestive problems; cracks and sores around the corners of the mouth; swollen magenta-colored tongue; eye fatigue; swelling and soreness of the throat; and sensitivity to light. Vitamin B2, along with other nutrients, is important for normal vision.​

From University of Maryland Medical Center.

Apart from fatigue, I don't recognise any of those.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I have DES, Dry Eye Syndrome. Omega 3 is supposed to be good for that and it seems to help but when I feel "off" or am stressed it comes back.

I use individual vials of preservative free eye drops. Tears Naturale is the one I use because you get a lot in a single vial and the price is good.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I have DES, Dry Eye Syndrome. Omega 3 is supposed to be good for that and it seems to help but when I feel "off" or am stressed it comes back.

I use individual vials of preservative free eye drops. Tears Naturale is the one I use because you get a lot in a single vial and the price is good.

Thanks - I didn't know it was called that, and it might help me find something that helps.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
DES in and off itself does not indicate SJogrens since there are a lot of other issues with it including dry mouth etc. Without that other stuff it's not Sjogrens.

I salivate a lot, still have dry eyes.