• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lyme Discussion w/ Dr. Horowitz On NBC's Today Show - July 2, 2014 - 10:38 am

Wayne

"Dear Leaders in the Lyme Community;

We are writing to ask for your assistance in spreading the word as quickly and broadly as possible about Dr. Horowitz’s appearance tomorrow on the Today Show. The interview was just confirmed in the last hour, and we could use your help getting the word out to as many as possible.

A public discussion about Chronic Lyme Disease on national television is an important event. We appreciate any support you can offer in sharing this brief announcement with your colleagues and contacts:

Tomorrow, July 2 at 10:38am, Dr. Horowitz will appear on NBC’s Today Show for a short interview about Chronic Lyme Disease. Please tune it.

Best regards,

Lee Horowitz, HVHA"

Wayne

Hi Wayne -- just wanted to know whether you worked with Horowitz and what your experience was? Were you diagnosed with Lyme, using what tests, and did the treatments that you tried for it help you? What is your current status? -- Thanks and hope this finds you well!

Hi @DataDude

I never worked with Horowitz, but have seen him speak. He strikes me as sharp and spot on with many of his observations. -- I was diagnosed with Lyme, but don't have the name of the laboratory right off hand. I believe it was a lab in Wisconsin--River Falls if I remember correctly.

My current status is not particularly good (thanks for asking :)). In addition to Lyme, I feel I'm dealing with with a number of other issues, including persistent symptoms of post-concussion syndrome, vaccination injury, chemical injury, and more. It's my brain function I'm primarily focusing on at this time. I recently started a thread entitled...

Norman Doige Book [2015] on Neuroplasticity and Healing the Brain + [TDCS]

I'm particularly intrigued by the PBS piece on TDCS which I mention in my second post. I'm feeling it may hold a lot of potential for many of the neurological problems pwME/CFS deal with.

Welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

Wayne

Thanks for the reply @Wayne -- sorry to hear that you are still not feeling well.

I am also interested in TDCS, and even set up a small system at home to experiment a couple times. I didn't experience much but will hop over to your thread to share my minor experience. Nothing major, but for what it's worth.

I have also bought Doidge's latest book so may share more thoughts when I've read it, though that may be a few months from now as my concentration isn't great and I have a long list of other work and research ahead of it.