• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone had lower back and hip pain associated with constipation?

Has anyone had lower back and hip pain associated with constipation? or IBS?

That's all there is to my question except that mine was a recent result of taking B12 which pushed by IBS over into constipation. The fact my body seemed to grow in mass and change shape to the point my stomach was pushed upward makes me wonder if it's linked?

lansbergen

That's all there is to my question except that mine was a recent result of taking B12 which pushed by IBS over into constipation. The fact my body seemed to grow in mass and change shape to the point my stomach was pushed upward makes me wonder if it's linked?

You are a good observer and yes I had it and sometimes still get it but to a lesser extend.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I have IBS-D and have no issues from that but hey, everyone is different. I recommend acacia fiber for your constipation. I swear by it. I also swear by Fleet Liquid Glycerine Suppositories.

Allyson

lower back pain is common in EDS as is scoliosis - have you ruled that out;
so is IBS - a low FODMAPS diet may help that

I take Magnesum too if I eat cheese as a balance
never noted the link with B12 - must look at it

IBS can be diarrhoea, constipation or both alternating

Ally

Hi Allyson, I am lactose intolerant (which I've known since my teens just from feeling ill after consuming milk) and although I've always avoided large sources e.g. drinking milk or eating cream, I have just done a total exclusion diet for 6 weeks and it made no difference over all to the condition. I have never tried other diets such as gluten free simply because in this modern busy world, it is simply impossible to keep to, especially without unlimited money or any help.

manna

is this in the lower right quadrant of the body/back/pelvis or only mid lower back?

Lower lumbar region of the spine and both hips. It feels like a trapped nerve in the spine and I speculate that the spine shape has changed due to full digestive system.

manna

I do polarity yoga. its a series of squatting postures aimed at, among other things, releasing the pelvis and lower back. it may give some prety quick release but is probably not enough to put things back how they were. i assume you've stopped b12? seems to cause some folks problems and might be contra-indicated for some. acacia fibre sounds interesting. theres psyllium husk too. that gets things moving though too powerfull for some people. and theres the constipation remedy i just put in the "earthing" thread. well, it works for me. i do this one in the pic (polarity yoga) http://bodyworkamesbury.wordpress.com/services/polarity-yoga/ rock forwards and bacwards 5 times, side to side 5 times, roll around clockwise 5 times then counter-clockwise. should release the lower back a little. oh theres epsom salts for short term release if constipation but bear in mind contra-indications.

No, I can't stop B12, it's fixed everything else, even my hairs grown back after 20 years of being bald.

manna

i see, i thought you wanted to get rid of the constipation but just after similar experiences, my mistake. good luck with your treatment