• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nurtitional IV & Glutathione IV

Hello! I am new here. It seem this forum has a lot of knowledgeable members. I am hoping to get insights. Right now I am feeling too weak and it is difficulty for me cognitively to read through this forum or take a look at Documents by Rich Van Konyneburg(beside I’d rather answer to be in laymen words). This is going to be a bit long.I’d appreciate your understandings

My LLMD put me on nutritional IV(myers cocktail) once a week and glutathione IV three times a week for chronic fatigue/low stamina. Those symptoms are the one that does not respond to IV antibiotics (all other symptoms improves).

When I started nutritional IV and glutathione IV, I became sicker (feverish, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness with motion sickness, vomiting, burning up in upper torso, neck/spine and at back of head, plus cold like). My fatigue went off the scale, and I started to oversleep (first time in two years).

Everytime I do glutathione IV I felt like I am being poisoned, with onset of “sea sickness” in head, tighten of muscles in my jaw, temple, tmj. The temple headache would develop along with pain at back of head.

When I quit glutathione IV for one week, those symptoms clear up slowly but fatigue/low stamina remains the same with no changes.

My LLMD is very surprised at how I react, saying all of his patients respond positively to the therapy. He cut the dose to half to see if my body can tolerate it.

Now with half dose, with nutritional IV and each time I do glutathione IV, aforementioned symptoms is starting to come back, slowly increases in intensity. Tight of muscles set in 3/4 through IV push.

My question is why do I react badly to nutritional IV when I first started it?

Likewise, why do I react not well to glutathione?

Thank you for your insights.

Doses information:
Glutathione 2000mg (now 1000mg)

Nutritional IV:
Vit C (Ascorbic acid) 25mg (now 12.5mg)
Sodium Bicarbonate 8.4% 5ml (now 2.5ml)
Potassium Chloride 2MEQ (now 1 MEQ)
Magnesium Chloride 20% 1000mg (now 500mg)
Zinc Chloride 1mg (now .5ML)
B-Complex 1ml (now .5mL)
Saline 500ml (same)

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Stargazer Lilies

That is a very high dose of glutathione. Glutathione often promotes detoxification and the detox could be overwhelming your body's ability to clear toxins. I am not able to tolerate more than about 1 mg of glutathione (or the last time I tried!) And others have had the same experience.

But many doctors do give these high doses with succes and some here also tolerate glutathione. It is quite possible that you have a methylation block and have been building up a lot of toxins.

Best wishes,
Sushi

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I have IV infusions of vits/mins and feel much better for them, the only time I didn't was when I had a glutathione IV. If you don't feel well after nutritional IV which is supposed to supply your body with nutrition after al,l then its not working and I would stop. Maybe get a different combination. I have read some don't do well on the Myers

That is a very high dose of glutathione. Glutathione often promotes detoxification and the detox could be overwhelming your body's ability to clear toxins. I am not able to tolerate more than about 1 mg of glutathione (or the last time I tried!) And others have had the same experience.

But many doctors do give these high doses with succes and some here also tolerate glutathione. It is quite possible that you have a methylation block and have been building up a lot of toxins.

Best wishes,
Sushi

Sushi, thank you for your insight. Can you explain what methylation block is? If it is difficult for you to explain, is there link to article explaining it in layman terms? Likewise how do I treat it?

I have IV infusions of vits/mins and feel much better for them, the only time I didn't was when I had a glutathione IV. If you don't feel well after nutritional IV which is supposed to supply your body with nutrition after al,l then its not working and I would stop. Maybe get a different combination. I have read some don't do well on the Myers

Maryb, thank you too. Any idea which of ingredients of infusion I am not reacting to very well? I have no idea where to start. Any advice?

pela

I would ask the doc to itemize the "B complex". I was getting nutritional IVs for awhile and eventually found out they contained NO FOLATE, not even folic acid. Methylfolate is important to get healing going. You want to avoid folic acid which is an artificial form that needs to be converted to usable folate, and not all of us can do that. You can buy methylfolate tablets to take orally. Also, what kind of B12 is in the IV? If it's cyanocobalamin, it may not be doing you much good. Methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin are the active forms, which many people here take sublingually.
The Myers IVs I got made me feel great for a short time. I finally figured out I could get the same effect, for less cost and more consistently, by taking the active forms of B12 subligually every day, along with folate, and with potassium when needed.

Freddd

Hello! I am new here. It seem this forum has a lot of knowledgeable members. I am hoping to get insights. Right now I am feeling too weak and it is difficulty for me cognitively to read through this forum or take a look at Documents by Rich Van Konyneburg(beside I’d rather answer to be in laymen words). This is going to be a bit long.I’d appreciate your understandings

My LLMD put me on nutritional IV(myers cocktail) once a week and glutathione IV three times a week for chronic fatigue/low stamina. Those symptoms are the one that does not respond to IV antibiotics (all other symptoms improves).

When I started nutritional IV and glutathione IV, I became sicker (feverish, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness with motion sickness, vomiting, burning up in upper torso, neck/spine and at back of head, plus cold like). My fatigue went off the scale, and I started to oversleep (first time in two years).

Everytime I do glutathione IV I felt like I am being poisoned, with onset of “sea sickness” in head, tighten of muscles in my jaw, temple, tmj. The temple headache would develop along with pain at back of head.

When I quit glutathione IV for one week, those symptoms clear up slowly but fatigue/low stamina remains the same with no changes.

My LLMD is very surprised at how I react, saying all of his patients respond positively to the therapy. He cut the dose to half to see if my body can tolerate it.

Now with half dose, with nutritional IV and each time I do glutathione IV, aforementioned symptoms is starting to come back, slowly increases in intensity. Tight of muscles set in 3/4 through IV push.

My question is why do I react badly to nutritional IV when I first started it?

Likewise, why do I react not well to glutathione?

Thank you for your insights.

Doses information:
Glutathione 2000mg (now 1000mg)

Nutritional IV:
Vit C (Ascorbic acid) 25mg (now 12.5mg)
Sodium Bicarbonate 8.4% 5ml (now 2.5ml)
Potassium Chloride 2MEQ (now 1 MEQ)
Magnesium Chloride 20% 1000mg (now 500mg)
Zinc Chloride 1mg (now .5ML)
B-Complex 1ml (now .5mL)
Saline 500ml (same)

Hi Stargazer

You ARE BEING POISONED by it. It is inducing very severe b12 deficiency throwing you into methylblock. You need to get off of that on on MeCbl, AdoCbl, L-methylfolate and L-carnitine fumarate in my opinion. The induced symptoms can be reversed in a few days and much of the damage in a few months. If continued it will progressively damage your nervous system with Sub Acute Combined Degeneration. I speak from my own experience on this. It reversed a couple of years of CNS healing and did damage that isn't repaired to this day. It is the worst thing I have done to myself.

I am not a doctor.

Hi Stargazer

You ARE BEING POISONED by it. It is inducing very severe b12 deficiency throwing you into methylblock. You need to get off of that on on MeCbl, AdoCbl, L-methylfolate and L-carnitine fumarate in my opinion. The induced symptoms can be reversed in a few days and much of the damage in a few months. If continued it will progressively damage your nervous system with Sub Acute Combined Degeneration. I speak from my own experience on this. It reversed a couple of years of CNS healing and did damage that isn't repaired to this day. It is the worst thing I have done to myself.

I am not a doctor.

Fred, thanks for your insight. May I ask you which one inducing severe b12 deficiency? Myers or glutathione?

With glutathione, each time I did the infusion i felt more sicker and sicker. "Poisoned" is the exact word I told my visiting RN. So earlier this week I decided to not do glutathione IV anymore until I find out why it is making me sick.

Myers cocktail is a bit hard to tell because I only do it once a week, but at full dose it did made me feel very sick.

Hopeful I caught it in time to prevent any further harm.

Freddd

Fred, thanks for your insight. May I ask you which one inducing severe b12 deficiency? Myers or glutathione?

With glutathione, each time I did the infusion i felt more sicker and sicker. "Poisoned" is the exact word I told my visiting RN. So earlier this week I decided to not do glutathione IV anymore until I find out why it is making me sick.

Myers cocktail is a bit hard to tell because I only do it once a week, but at full dose it did made me feel very sick.

Hopeful I caught it in time to prevent any further harm.

Hi Stargaqzer,

I'm Sorry, it's the glutathione. Now when you start MeCbl. Methylfolate and AdoCbl, most usually low potassium and /or donut hole paradoxical folate insufficiency. Once you get healing going you fine tune it, following the clues. So the first set of clues is provided by the glutathione which now needs correction.

SDSue

Southeast
Hi Stargazer

I am not a doctor.

Freddd. I, too, was poisoned by IV glutathione. After ten years of pushing and crashing my way thru what i now realize was Chronic Fatigue, I became ill enough that I found this forum 2 years ago. I promptly decided that all of you were nuts, focusing on minutiae rather than solutions, and went about finding a doctor who was smart enough to heal me. I ended up spending thousands of dollars to seek the "help" of over 30 physicians. I was rendered almost completely bedridden after just one IV treatment over a year ago. I continued as directed with cyanob12/glutathione injections for another 6 months, my neurological condition worsening all the while.

I am now back, with my tail between my legs, humbly asking for help. It turns out you weren't the crazy ones, I was! But then, you already knew that after reading my first paragraph. Needless to say, cognitive difficulties with the inability to make sound decisions is one of my major symptoms!

I have spent 6 months cleaning up my gut, weaning off useless (?) supplements, and laying the nutritional groundwork to begin a methylation protocol. Frankly I am scared to death. I am already nearly bedridden and dependent on friends for day to day tasks, and if i worsen I will no longer be able to live alone. I have poured over your postings and the resources of Yasko and Rich, and am more confused by the day.

Any direction you can offer is appreciated. I am happy to provide more details, such as 23andme results, current symptoms and supplements, etc.

Thank you for all you do.

end

I really struggle to understand why some thing can be so detrimental in one person yet be SO HELPFUL in another --> ie ME! 1500mg IV Push Glutathione was the most effective treatment my doctor ever put me on bar non!!!!

A friend of mine had similar results and last I heard he is organising another round of treatment as we speak. He wants to push the IV dose even higher this time around

PeterPositive

I really struggle to understand why some thing can be so detrimental in one person yet be SO HELPFUL in another --> ie ME! 1500mg IV Push Glutathione was the most effective treatment my doctor ever put me on bar non!!!!

A friend of mine had similar results and last I heard he is organising another round of treatment as we speak. He wants to push the IV dose even higher this time around
I hear you. We might share similar symptoms but for very different reasons and the variables at play are so many that it's impossible to keep track of all them.

On similar note I've also found help from oral glutathione which goes against almost everything I've read here and from other sources. I don't get any side effects, it doesn't seem to block my methylation at all and I am actually getting some relief for low immunity, inflammation and digestive issues.

Go figure... :)

end

I hear you. We might share similar symptoms but for very different reasons and the variables at play are so many that it's impossible to keep track of all them.

On similar note I've also found help from oral glutathione which goes against almost everything I've read here and from other sources. I don't get any side effects, it doesn't seem to block my methylation at all and I am actually getting some relief for low immunity, inflammation and digestive issues.

Go figure... :)

That's creepy. I find glutathione caps helpful as well, have taken them for years. I tend to share similarities with other enterovirus patients, guess that makes sense

Daffodil

hi all. i found this thread looking for info on glutathione and fatgue. i started pretty low dose glutathione IV on advice from my doctor a few weeks ago. i have noticed a big increase in sleepiness. i now take 2 naps per day and feel like i am about to keel over any minute and fall asleep. i never dreamed it could be the glutathione because i thought i felt a little better on it at first.

so does anyone know what this means?

thanks