• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

successful treatment for light/noise sensitivity?

Grigor

Yes. I heard lots about it . It's on my list but also I'm a bit hesitant with the Hypoglycemia. And Candida . So waiting a bit with that one.

Raindrop

Grigor,
Have you or anyone else here actually tried the suggestions for 10mg Lutein and 2mg Zeaxanthin per day
for light sensitivity? I am pretty desperate, and I am sure you are as well. People (excepting my GP doctor
who totally gets it) have a hard time grasping how low or non-existant the lights have to be for me.
Just don't fit into this world with the extremity of my difficulty with sunlight, light in general and heat, etc.
Really wondering about the Lutein (which I already take at 10gm per day) and Zeaxanthin.

Allyson

Has anyone helped their light/noise sensitivity by using certain products?
I hear low serotonin is a cause of it. Can anyone who has taken 5htp tell a difference?
Also as B6 seems to be needed for the conversion to serotonin maybe that helps?
IMO it is aused by excess drenaline due to POTS Gavman

Adrenaline is flight of fight - so all senses are hyper alert, muscles tensed, digestion impaired etc

so treating the OI/POTs helps h photophobia

see more in this thread the logic and management strategies
http://forum.notcrazy.net/index.php?topic=9571.0

Ally

Allyson

I just remembered !!
I have found D Ribose helpful, in that it seems to help lessen inflammation in my muscles which seems to also help lessen PEM and I think because of this also helps ease abit of the neuro-sensitivity stuff. Worth trying but D Ribose doesn't seem to work for everyone though. I have found it a great help. Anything that helps abit is soooo good. :)

yes it helps my muscle aches Rosie - a staple for me now!
cheers

Ally

Raindrop

I just remembered !!
I have found D Ribose helpful, in that it seems to help lessen inflammation in my muscles which seems to also help lessen PEM and I think because of this also helps ease abit of the neuro-sensitivity stuff. Worth trying but D Ribose doesn't seem to work for everyone though. I have found it a great help. Anything that helps abit is soooo good. :)

I just don't know anything about D Ribose.....is it important to buy a certain type?
What type would I get and how much of it/ dosage to try? Advice would be helpful.
Also wondering if any others have also found it helpful with noise sensitivity ?

Allyson

I just don't know anything about D Ribose.....is it important to buy a certain type?
What type would I get and how much of it/ dosage to try? Advice would be helpful.
Also wondering if any others have also found it helpful with noise sensitivity ?
for me it did otelp with noise sensitivity

managing my POTS helped with the noise sensitivity as adrenaline from POTS causes it for me

more about that an how to manage it here Raindrop

http://forum.notcrazy.net/index.php?topic=9571.0

good luck

Ally

rosie26

Hi Raindrop
Actually I'm not sure how much of an affect D Ribose has on the light/noise sensitivities. I think it helped me more in the way of giving me a little bit more energy in the muscles which lessoned PEM inflammation overall which then I think lessoned a tiny bit of the neural. It definitely helped the muscles but not as sure about the neural side of it.

Ribose has been the most helpful thing I have tried without side effects. It doesn't suit everyone though unfortunately.

I take Drs Best D Ribose, 250g container, the powdered form. 1 scoop in the morning with food and 1 scoop in the evening with food. If you try, you should always take it on food.

There is a thread by Sasha, but don't know how to link to it.............D - Ribose - can it make you feel bad? It's in the General Treatment section. You can read other members experiences trying D Ribose.

Allyson

Hi Raindrop
Actually I'm not sure how much of an affect D Ribose has on the light/noise sensitivities. I think it helped me more in the way of giving me a little bit more energy in the muscles which lessoned PEM inflammation overall which then I think lessoned a tiny bit of the neural. It definitely helped the muscles but not as sure about the neural side of it.

Ribose has been the most helpful thing I have tried without side effects. It doesn't suit everyone though unfortunately.

I take Drs Best D Ribose, 250g container, the powdered form. 1 scoop in the morning with food and 1 scoop in the evening with food. If you try, you should always take it on food.

There is a thread by Sasha, but don't know how to link to it.............D - Ribose - can it make you feel bad? It's in the General Treatment section. You can read other members experiences trying D Ribose.
I take healthy origins form iherb - I may try a different brand tho as it does not give me any more energy, just relief for muscle aches which is enough tho I have been happy with this one

Ally

Helen

Lack of vitamin A is known to cause light sensitivity as well as the vitamin B´s (including B12).

Helen

Interesting a B12 is also essential in making connective tissue

come to think of it y photophobia is better after months on B 12 injections

and vit D involvement?

Ally

I am not sure I understand your question.

Grigor

@Grigor Did you try ALA ? How did you get on - did it lessen light/noise sensitivities for you.
Hi Rosie. It didn't help me much. Actually it lowers bloodsugar which wasn't the best for me . I could try it again cause at the time I was using chrome which also lowers it . So maybe it was too much at the time.

Mor

Have you or anyone else here actually tried the suggestions for 10mg Lutein and 2mg Zeaxanthin per day
for light sensitivity?

I tried it for one day. Nothing much noticed; however, it wasn't really enough time. Has anyone else tried it longer? Like for a few months?