• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Immunovir- nausea and headache?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I started Immunovir yesterday. one caplet a.m. and one pm. I woke up with a mild headache this morning.

I went up to 2 this morning (totally not realizing the headache could be from the Immunovir) and now my headache is worse and I'm nauseated.

Is this normal and if so, should I hold at 2 a day, one a.m. and one p.m. until this goes away and then up more slowly or should I go back to 1 a day?

I can put up with a lot but nausea does me in.

Thanks.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I'd go back to 1 a day - but there again you know what I'm like!!
Hope you feel better as the day goes on, try some seltzer salts, only thing that got me through the last few weeks, as well as ginger caps.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@maryb I might have been ok with 2 a day if I had realized what was going on. I had taken a different ibuprofen last night and the coating is neon orange so I thought that was it.

I'll go back to 2 a day tomorrow and see if I can tough it out. When I started the Cycloferon I felt like I had the flu for about 4 days.

I have an icepack on my head and the nausea is a bit better. I don't have any ginger and no way to get it.

Do you mean drink baking soda and water? That sounds more nauseating! LOL.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I don't know we call it Andrew's Salts over here, it makes a fizzy drink, it stops nausea for me. Shame about the ginger, that's good as well. Orange coating doesn't sound good, I mean why?? they love the chemicals don't they.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I see if i can find it. I'm limited to what I have around here. The nausea isn't so bad. The headache though... I have some Imitrex but I don't want to use that. I can tough this out, I just need to know what to do next.

I have 3 different dosing protocols and one said hold if you have a reaction.

I was using the tablets of the ibuprofen that had a brown coating. I wanted the caplets because I thought they would go down easier. No kidding they are neon orange. I'll have to take a picture later. I usually have problems with pink stuff.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I just hate it when we get a bad reaction, it feels like 2 steps forward and 6 back. Hope you figure it out.

Seven7

Seven
@minkeygirl That is soooo high to start!!! I am surprised you did so well. I cannot even restart like that only after the month off.
I was told to do 3 days only half a pill once a day, then increase to one pill a day for 3 days, then 3 days of 2 pills a day... until you reach your goal.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Inester7 I had so many protocols this seemed easy enough.

So do you think I should back down to 1/2 pill a day and start completely over? Also. if doing it your way, do I still take weekends off?

Gingergrrl

@minkeygirl I am so sorry to hear about your reaction. Are you able to drink Ginger ale, ginger tea, or chew on candied ginger if no fresh ginger available? I get frequent nausea and Ginger works the best when available. I hope you feel better soon.

Seven7

Seven
@minkeygirl I do not interrupt during weekend until I am at full dose, but that is me. Yes I would start over at only half a pill. The first weeks were brutal for me, but I can see a big difference since on it.

FYI I never could go over 3-4 pills a day and that is what they are recommending now anyways (to avoid go autoimune) but at first even 3 pills would be too much, I got poop/vaginal discharge so acidic it would burned, so it took me a while to be able to tolerate the 3 pills.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Inester7 Thanks. That's what I decided to do. The nausea is tolerable but my headache is bad.

So do you just go straight through till you were on 3 or 4 pills a day? Did you then hold at that level for a few days then break? I think the key is to not do a steady dosage. Change how much every other week or day to day even. Someone on a blog said she couldn't take them later in the day because it stimulated her too much. Have you found that for you?

I'm only doing this for one month, then going back to Cycloferon which I'll do for 2 months then Immunovir for 1. With the Cycloferon I felt like I had the flu for about 5 days, bad flu.

I just remembered I had this protocol from someone who sees Dr. Rey.

Starter weeks:

Day 1-3 take 1/2 tablet once a day with food

Day 4-6 take 1 tablet once a day with food

Day 7-9 take 1 tablet twice a day with food

If at any point you feel like you are not tolerating, either stay at that level or drop down a level. When you're ready, move on to the next dosing level.

When you're ready, move on to this as your regular schedule

Week one: take one tablet three times a day Monday thru Friday, then take the weekend off.

Week two: Take 2 tablets three times a day Monday thru Friday, then take the weekend off.

Now begin alternating weeks.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
After learning my lesson yesterday I took 1/2 a tablet this morning. No headache or nausea (yet) but I am filling a little amped, a physical sensation. My brain is still dead though.

I read on someone's blog that she had the same problem and couldn't take it later in the day. I had problems sleeping last night so that's probably it. This means if I can tolerate it, I can't take it later in the day.

@Inester7 do you notice feeling amped or jittery?

Seven7

Seven
Well looking back I think I had what they called nervous energy, I guess as my body started having more energy I didn't know what to do with it. But I have leanrt since then (or the magnesium keeping me calmed) not sure but I feel ok now. The first few weeks or mybe months were an adaptaion process. I am glad I hang in there because the combination of anitviral+inmmune mod. Has been great for me. I do not believe in suffering so go low and slow.

I do keep going until I reach the dose (ussually is just 10 days to ramp up so just one weekend I am on). Example I just started again today (was my month off) I took one pill (unseard of ) because I was too lazy to slpit it. Then will keep going over the weekend, by next friday I will be in 2 a day then I will take next weekend off. Is ok to do whatever one weekend is not goign to make you resistant so relax and follow what feels right.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I'm not sure what you call how I feel, but I've been cleaning up. I have to make sure I don't over do it though and am forcing myself to lay down. My concern, because of issues with other meds that make me feel like this is that it lasts for a really long time, like past midnight. I'll play it by ear.

I just started on Famvir before I started this so hopefully I'll see some results. I'm just looking to feel a bit better.

Thanks for the information on how you do it. It helps a lot. Hopefully I can keep at it with this.

Gingergrrl

I'm not sure what you call how I feel, but I've been cleaning up. I have to make sure I don't over do it though and am forcing myself to lay down.

@minkeygirl How are you feeling today on the Immunovir? Sorry if it is in another thread and I missed it? Try not to overdo it and get some rest.

I also wanted to ask you, have you heard of Inosine? Is it similar to Immunovir? I just learned of it and wondered if you or others have tried it.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Gingergrrl43 Day 2 much better on 1/2 tablet. No speediness at all so I went up to one tab today.

Inosine is the supplement version which Dr. Rey says is the same for those who can't afford the real stuff. You use the same protocol as with Immunovir also known as Isoprinosine.

I chose to use the real stuff because some people have said the OTC did not work well for them and to get a good kind, which I would want to do, (the brand recommended is escaping me now, Doctors Best or Enzymatic Therapy?) , would end up costing about the same amount of money.

I'm sure there are threads here about it mixed in with Isoprinosine and Immunovir

Gingergrrl

@minkeygirl Thanks for the info and glad you felt a bit better today. Do you have any idea what dose someone would take of Inosine?

ETA I just noticed with this post that it said I am a "Senior Member!" What did I do to deserve that? LOL