• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New on http://visitingmrssmith.com - Bastard Disease: legitimate and illegitimate illness.

persuasion

visitingmrssmith.com
Thanks so much NK17! Just starting out - I'm an absolute dumbo at anything techie - my 11 year old son had to design the whole thing and I'm just slowly learning everything bloggy (SEO/Social media etc which with ME brain is a challenge!)

NK17

Thanks so much NK17! Just starting out - I'm an absolute dumbo at anything techie - my 11 year old son had to design the whole thing and I'm just slowly learning everything bloggy (SEO/Social media etc which with ME brain is a challenge!)
Persuasion tell your son he is a little wizard and with a keen esthetic eye, although I'm convinced that good taste must run in your family ;).

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
If I ask for advice then it's fine, but I don't want unsolicited advice or comments that are completely irrelevant to the conversation. If someone asks a question about say Milk, someone commenting on juicing makes no sense.

Many of us have very serious cognitive issues so reading anything extra can just be too much for the brain... and the energy it takes to read is used up unnecessarily.

SDSue

Southeast
If I write anything over a few sentences, I write it offline over the course of several hours sometimes. Then I copy and paste.

I have to re-read and re-work things several times just to get them readable.

SDSue

Southeast
I'm not trying to compete with you. Simply pointing out that things are not always what they seem.

But your writing "looks so good". Sound familiar?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Sorry I didn't mean to seem confrontational. I just meant that even with all the work you do, I still can't read it, and if I could, I wouldn't remember it.

I think that is the difference between PWCFS and PWME.

SDSue

Southeast
I undertand. I can read the same thread 2 days in a row and have no recollection of ever having seen it before.

And I'm not even gonna stir the CFS vs ME debate lol. Extremely sick people in both camps.