• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Seeking best MD's-accepting Medicare (or not) in Northern CA

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I searched here and there is nothing so I just googled him and the reviews are mixed and there is only one from 2014. Some love him, some think he gets a kickback for pushing supplements.

This one is from 2012

I'd had CFIDS for 2 years when I started treatment with Dr. Powell. Although his treatment plan seemed sound, at first, it eventually became apparent that he although he based his plan off a popular book, he was not well versed these methods, nor was he certified through the author's program of physician education. The biggest issue was that when I started to have severe negative reactions as a direct result of the supplements and meds, both he and his P.A. blamed me for "not wanting to get well." When I requested my records, I found that almost none of these negative consequences were noted, and those that were noted were belittled (e.g. mild nausea instead of abdominal pain). I'm now hypersensitive to all of the medications and supplements from this treatment and cannot use them, which is unfortunate, as about 5% have been shown to be helpful. Five years later, I have not recovered the level of function I lost on Dr. Powell's treatment program. .

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Wilted_Iris I just remembered Kogelnick is up that way I think. @NK17 goes to him. Search here and you'll find some info on him. Not sure of the spelling though. Might be Kogelnik.

Dr Andy Kogelnick is at the Open Medicine Institute, Mountain View. 650-962-4553

I don't know whether they actually accept patients or only do research. They might be able to refer you/her. Good luck!

Thanks Minky Girl. I've heard of him & could kick myself in the butt for not having gone to him instead. I would kick myself but I dunno have NRG. I'll check w/NK17.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Thanks Minky Girl. I've heard of him & could kick myself in the butt for not having gone to him instead. I would kick myself but I dunno have NRG. I'll check w/NK17.

I don't think Dr. Kolgelnik is taking new patients but the other doctor in the practice, Dr. Kaufman, is taking patients.

Sushi

I searched here and there is nothing so I just googled him and the reviews are mixed and there is only one from 2014. Some love him, some think he gets a kickback for pushing supplements.

This one is from 2012

I'd had CFIDS for 2 years when I started treatment with Dr. Powell. Although his treatment plan seemed sound, at first, it eventually became apparent that he although he based his plan off a popular book, he was not well versed these methods, nor was he certified through the author's program of physician education. The biggest issue was that when I started to have severe negative reactions as a direct result of the supplements and meds, both he and his P.A. blamed me for "not wanting to get well." When I requested my records, I found that almost none of these negative consequences were noted, and those that were noted were belittled (e.g. mild nausea instead of abdominal pain). I'm now hypersensitive to all of the medications and supplements from this treatment and cannot use them, which is unfortunate, as about 5% have been shown to be helpful. Five years later, I have not recovered the level of function I lost on Dr. Powell's treatment program. .
Thank you. I haven’t been on the forum for awhile so forgive the long overdue response.