• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Acai Berries

Gingergrrl

I was wondering if anyone has tried freeze dried Acai berries as a treatment for mitochondrial damage/oxidative stress? I know it might be far fetched but I bought a bottle on-line and just took my first one this morning. I am starting with one pill to see how it goes. I already take liposomal glutathione every day (as well as liposomal Vit C, Vit D, magnesium, probiotics and some other supplements.)

Even if there is a placebo affect, I will take it LOL ;). I would love to hear anyone else's experiences with Acai.

Gingergrrl

I typed in Acai berries but nothing came up besides this thread. Is there another way to do it? Thanks, Sushi, in advance for your help!!!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I typed in Acai berries but nothing came up besides this thread. Is there another way to do it? Thanks, Sushi, in advance for your help!!!

When you click on search, look at the first line:
That will take you to a google search of the site which works much better than the search engine that is built into the forum software. ;)

Gingergrrl

Thank you @Sushi and I did the Google site search and found incredible stuff about Acai berries from another poster, @CAcfs, and am wondering if he or she is still on the board and still taking Acai? I tried it today for the first time (one pill) and so far have not noticed anything (good or bad.) I am very curious to hear anyone else's current experiences with Acai.

Also, in the post I read in my Google search it talked about the "NO ONO" cycle and I was wondering if someone could explain this to me in very, very basic terms or lead me to a good thread about it? I am not very science or technically oriented LOL but it sounded like info that I needed to learn.

Thanks again to all.

Gingergrrl

Actually that was really helpful. I keep hearing about methylation and the Pall Protocal but am getting overwhelmed with the sheer number of supplements that one can try. When I see my ND on Thurs, I am going to ask her about everything! I will need a five hour appointment LOL