• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LDC Dosage and Anti Virals Question

Hello, I hope this is the right place to ask these questions. Apologies if it should go elsewhere.

My doctor recently started me on 5mgs of LDN, no gradual increase. I have been on 12 days now and don't have noticeable side effects. MY symptoms seen to remain the same, however I do think I am sleeping better. My questions are: 1) Does anyone have any thoughts on the dosage? I have heard 3mgs is optimal 2) I take it at night with a progesterone pill prescribed for hormonal issues) could they interfere with one another? 3) I have been doing research on anti virals and was wondering if anyone had any opinion on any seem most effective and could they be harmful with the LDN?

Hopefully these questions make sense, thanks in advance!

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I"m admittedly not up all the medical stuff but wow starting that high that fast is scary! But no problems? Wow.

As far as I know there is no problem with A/Vs and LDN. I take both (a much lower dose of LDN) and so do others I know. LDN works on opioid receptors which has nothing to do with antivirals. Now if you took codeine with it then you would have an issue.

Someone more knowledgeable will pipe in I'm sure.

I"m admittedly not up all the medical stuff but wow starting that high that fast is scary! But no problems? Wow.

As far as I know there is no problem with A/Vs and LDN. I take both (a much lower dose of LDN) and so do others I know. LDN works on opioid receptors which has nothing to do with antivirals. Now if you took codeine with it then you would have an issue.

Someone more knowledgeable will pipe in I'm sure.
Thanks for the response, can you share your LDN dosage? I am a little worried about the amount especially with no working up to it.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Years ago I started at 3.5 mgs right off the bat and I didn't sleep at all, which is normal. The doc never suggested starting low and going up, just BAM! I stopped.

This time I started out at .5 mgs. I got bad headaches so stopped. I tried later doing even less and right now I am at .5. I think it constipates me but maybe it's the base and not the naltrexone itself .

I can't take it at night because it messed up my sleep so I take it in the morning. I'm going to go up to 1 mg but I have some other things going on and I don't want to do 2 things at once. I believe 3.5 mgs is the standard but maybe your doc has a reason for doing 5 mgs.

I think @Sushi, started really slow and went up really slowly. If you say you aren't having any problems though then it may not be an issue.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Yes, I started very low and it took me 4 months to get to 4.5 mg. Now I am taking 3 mg as that seems best for me.

Sushi