• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

8-hydroxy-2' -deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG)

pemone

8-OHdG is thought to be a biomarker of oxidative stress in the body, and has been measured higher in CFS patients. This is a marker that would show if you are producing a lot of free radicals that are not being contained by antioxidants. Since CFS patients generally have poor ability to regenerate NAD+ from NADH, they end up metabolizing NADH in the mitochondria in a way that creates a lot of free radicals.

Does anyone know a lab in the US that provides this test? What does it cost?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19412858

PDXhausted

This is included in Metametrix's organic acids test. You can order the test without a doctor from mymedlab.com.

Mine was high when I took it. Their recommendation if high is to take vitamins C and E and lipoic acid.

pemone

This is included in Metametrix's organic acids test. You can order the test without a doctor from mymedlab.com.

Mine was high when I took it. Their recommendation if high is to take vitamins C and E and lipoic acid.

I think Genova has renamed this as the "ION Profile with 40 Amino Acids"