• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Garlic juice anyone ?

xchocoholic

Eating it was burning my mouth so bad that I avoided it. I've only tried it twice.
3 cloves of juice straight was too much for my throat and esophagus. Lol. Water helped.

From what I can tell my uti is mostly gone but I want to make sure.

I'm just using my regular fruit and veggie juicer (omega) for this.

Has anyone tried this ? Got any suggestions or warnings ? Tx .. x

Purple

Bundle of purpliness
I mix garlic and onions with other juicing ingredients when juicing (or even mix them into smoothies). All I taste is a trace or hint of the garlic when it's mixed in with 5-10 other ingredients in a full glass.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I've tried chopping raw garlic cloves into tiny bits and then putting some on a spoon, into my mouth and then washing it down with water. Not ideal, but gets it down.

xchocoholic

I mix garlic and onions with other juicing ingredients when juicing (or even mix them into smoothies). All I taste is a trace or hint of the garlic when it's mixed in with 5-10 other ingredients in a full glass.

Tx. Good point. Does this make it burn less too ? X

xchocoholic

I've tried chopping raw garlic cloves into tiny bits and then putting some on a spoon, into my mouth and then washing it down with water. Not ideal, but gets it down.

Tx. It's funny that I never thought to do this instead of chewing it.
I'll give it a try.

I'm using raw garlic in a couple of recipes. Red beans, tuna salad, etc. But I'm new to juicing it.

Tx .. x

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Tx. It's funny that I never thought to do this instead of chewing it.
I'll give it a try.

I'm using raw garlic in a couple of recipes. Red beans, tuna salad, etc. But I'm new to juicing it.

Tx .. x

I was trying juicing for a while and included a raw onion in some recipes. I thought it would be horrible but it was actually quite subtle - I also had raw ginger, which I think is important in cutting some of those stronger tastes. Maybe that would also be true for garlic. I think the trick with the juices is not to take it on its own but diluted with juices from other stuff.

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
Tx. I can't do dairy milk but maybe another type would work. Is it the creamy texture that works ? X
In the past, pre-CFS, I'd smash a clove with the flat of a knife, then crush it further with the spine of the knife, then just take it with water - but later discovered that milk would effectively kill the burning. I don't know why.

Later I could chew the cloves as if my mouth had gotten toughened up.

xrunner

@xchocoholic
If you use raw fresh garlic, initially I wouldn't go beyond a few drops of garlic juice in a large glass of tomato juice.
The first time I tried it (without the tomato) I think it was slightly less than a teaspoon of pure juice and it was as if lava went down my stomach:eek:. I felt quite sick. Good luck!

brenda

Strap a cut clove to the sole of the foot with a sticking plaster to get it into the bloodstream without digestive upset. I did this when l had salmonella which went in three days. You can smell the garlic on your breathe when you do this which shows it is in the bloodstream.

Last edited:

Mij

I used to add a couple of cloves of garlic to my juicer with some veggies years ago on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and felt like I drank acid! Definitely eat something first if it's raw. It also stays on your breath for a long time too. I took a Valerian capsule for sleep the night before the Valerian/garlic combo breath had my friend almost drive off the road when I turned to talk to him- my breath was horrible.

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
I've had freshly crushed garlic burn my fingertips, but never my stomach. So having bad stomach reactions might mean an inflamed stomach lining.

MikeSimouns

[banned as spam]
What I did I place the garlic in the bottom of my heel wrap it with cloth. Then I wear a sock and leave it for whole night and I have an amazing result. Doing this twice a week.