• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fields Auto $50,000 Giveaway to 501(c)3's! Ends June 15, 2014!

frenchtulip

Fields Auto is sponsoring a $50,000 giveaway to forty-three 501(c)3 charities! Prizes range from $500 to $10,000! They are looking for nonprofits which have very compelling stories and are making a difference. There is no public vote. One heartfelt recommendation for your favorite charity could win them money. Please see details below. http://www.fieldsauto.com/charity.htm

"Fields Auto Group is using social media to give away $50,000 in the 3rd installment of our 'Recommend-A-Charity' Promotion. Simply “like” us on one of our Facebook Pages or “+1” us on any of our Google+ Pages and leave a comment as to why your favorite charity deserves a donation. A brief post about how this organization has touched your life will be seen by our social media communities thereby creating additional awareness for that cause. We will be donating in increments of $10,000 (one charity), $5,000 (two charities), $1,000 (20 charities) and $500 (20 charities). The goal is to recognize charities, both large and small, that are making a positive impact in our communities. In order to be eligible a charity must be a 501c3 non-profit organization."

I contacted Fields Auto to ask whether it is a judged contest or a contest based on popular support for the charity. Here is the response I received: To answer your question, Recommend A Charity is not a judged contest, but rather one in which we intend to bring more awareness to all of our community 501c3 charities, both large and small and recognize them as a cause that will benefit the community as a whole. To be clear, and fair to the lessor known charities, winners are in no way chosen by the volume of submissions for any one organization. For your efforts of spreading the news, a hint is to give true heartfelt reasons in a recommendation that will capture the eye of those reviewing it. Good luck to us all in doing something for those in need! Thank you for being a part of Recommend A Charity!"

Here's a list of top winners from previous giveaways. https://www.facebook.com/FieldsBMW/app_170416483073621

Last edited:

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Recommend A Charity is not a judged contest,
winners are in no way chosen by the volume of submissions for any one organization.
If it is not judged and not based on popular support, what is it?

a hint is to give true heartfelt reasons in a recommendation that will capture the eye of those reviewing it.
This sounds like it is judged.

frenchtulip

I did not find any official rules or T&C's either. My interpretation is that they are looking for a sincere comment about a charity that has had a big impact on the individual's life and is making difference within the community. I suspect the beginning sentence or two are critically important in conveying the heartfelt sentiment and engaging the reviewers. My guess would be that many recommendations will not be read in their entirety, so they do not consider it a "judged" contest. This is just my opinion. But it is a very easy contest from the standpoint that the recommendation of just one person can win money for a charity--no voting involved.