• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High dose Vitamin C for EBV

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Wow, I'd love to try high-dose IV Vitamin C for EBV, has anyone here tried it? :

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24793092

"The clinical study of ascorbic acid and EBV infection showed the reduction in EBV EA IgG and EBV VCA IgM antibody levels over time during IVC therapy that is consistent with observations from the literature that millimolar levels of ascorbate hinder viral infection and replication in vitro'"

There is a doctor here in the US, Thomas Levy, who is a big advocate of high dosage IV vitamin C .Healer, humbug, or simply deluded? I can't say.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Whitaker Wellness in Newport Beach is also huge on vitamin IV's. I don't know anyone with ME/CFS who got a significant benefit from them.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Sorry to you all who tried it without success. I wonder if the doses in the study were higher...... Well, I'll not go look for it immediately, lol, thanks for the replies.

Soundthealarm21

I did them as well.

50 grams 2 times per week and it didn't do anything to my titers unfortunately. I have heard and met several people that say that it's helped them though. I believe they were doing more than just Vitamin C. I would assume a Meyer's Cocktail with Glutathione.

Thomas

I did 50-75g of IV C two to three times a week for about 6 months.

It made absolutely no difference to my viral titers unfortunately or to my symptoms.
Wow that's a big commitment and I'm sorry it didn't work out. I had my first IV Vitamin C infusion today (just 15g to start then work up). I hope it does something but I'm not going to give it 6 months. I read Jay Goldstein had good success with this treatment.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I'm going to try it after I get my amalgams out, if it helped my viral titres as well then it'd be a double bonus. Hope it helps you @Thomas

Don't know if it is relevent. I take high dose oral Vitamin C (ester C ) for years. I take a minimum of 3000mg per day. It helps with my constipation and brain fog and general symptoms.

Thomas

I did one 15g infusion yesterday. Going back next week for more.
Don't feel so great today but that could be from just going to the appointment or something I ate. Are there any detox or die-off symptoms associated with IV C from an ME perspective?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I did 50-75g of IV C two to three times a week for about 6 months.
It made absolutely no difference to my viral titers unfortunately or to my symptoms.
I did slightly lower doses, also for about 6 months. No effect on anything that I could tell--including EBV titers.

I did a 100g of vit c in a months time and about 20g of b12, felt amazing. Especially the b12 injections, gave me motivation and stamina. After a EBV attack.