• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pollen! is ruining my sleep. What to do?

Ema

You know that's so true - I too think every time - maybe this one will..........
and yes shoes are a good idea, now if only the soles of my feet weren't killing me:(
Isn't that a sign of bartonella? When the soles of your feet hurt?

john66

Try Perque Quercetin it helps me in high doses. I think it is called Repair Guard of Pain Guard. Russell Jaffe has a few youtube videos about Buffered C, Quercetin and alkaline balance.

manna

my mum, who does not have me/cfs but used to haver to close windows during the spring pollen season, is helped greatly by salt inhalers. they help me too though myy difficulties with pollen are not that great. i'd often wondered if bromelain, which is an enzyme in pineapples used to tenderize meat as it digests protein, would be usefull as pollen is a protein...seem,s it is used for such things. eatiing sprouted mung beans or lentils could help too as these are packed with protease that will circulate your system scavenging on undigested whole proteins. salt inalers would be my first port o' call. its possible they'll only relieve though and not totally negate it. asthma and hayfever are what they are mainly used for i believe.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Little Bluestem
oh I love shoes.....but can't wear most of them any more as my feet are so sore, but even so I can still wear comfy ones like Rockport for short periods (love them) so just ordered some in a sale, you americans are so lucky having so much choice, shipping is more than the shoes>>>>>>>.

leela

@maryb FitFlops are from the UK i believe and i have *never* worn more comfy shoes. seriously, i can't wear any of my other shoes any more. It even hurts to go barefoot in my house, which I always used to do.

I dunno what the magic is, but it's there. I have the "sling" kind with a toe ring, and a pair of boots. Amazing. I think they are are even, over time, fixing my flat feet.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@leela
oh I have so many needs re shoes, they have to be flat, my balance is bad, I wobble enough as it is without someone to lean on, I have a high instep so need a low front, and the insole has to feel like heaven. Hey on the bright side I don't have flat feet:)