• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Result Igenex?

liquid sky

I have a positive test by Igenex. Tried antibiotics off and on for a year. Never got to where I could stand the terrible pain they caused. Nothing would touch the pain and there is a limit to what one can stand. Hope you fare much better.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@liquid sky
which a/biotics did you try, were you under a doctor, did you have pain before the a/biotics?
How are you now?

liquid sky

Hi maryb, it has been a few years ago, so I have forgotten a lot of the antibiotics I tried. I know I started with Doxycycline and I could tolerate low doses of it. It did not touch the disease however. I remember Flagyl being particularly tough on me. I also tried Quinine. I actually had one evening where my pain subsided after taking the first dose of it. Then nothing.

I started on oral antibiotics and then gave myself IM shots. I just kept getting worse. The doctor I was seeing wanted to put a pick line in my arm and start IV antibiotics, but he lived five hours away from me and wanted my PCP to prescribe and take responsibility for the line. She wouldn't do it. I gave up because I felt the antibiotics were causing severe cytokine storms and I actually felt I might die from them.

I also noticed that few got well on antibiotics and those that did felt better when taking them rather than much worse. I was on them for about two years off and on. I do not know what to do about the positive test. If you find something that works or even helps, let me know please.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@liquid sky
oh I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences on a/biotics. I hope you find a doctor soon who can help you through some successful treatment.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
This is from a post on a Lyme discussion forum

p58 or 58 kDa (which is positive on both IGg and IGm on my result)
has a high in specificity for lyme disease, see the German guidelines p.6, but these guidelines don't explain/comment on it further, Dr D (rheumatologist) who was the rheumatologist at B/Spear told this person that the 58 is ''lyme in Europe'', but again this would not be included in the Finnish, French or UK tests used

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Okay just got my result - so its positive on the epitope test on band 31for Lyme. (This was IND on the WB)
not sure how I feel - obviously gutted but other than that it hasn't quite sunk in yet. Had a little weep but that's over for now.

JBB

Okay just got my result - so its positive on the epitope test on band 31for Lyme. (This was IND on the WB)
not sure how I feel - obviously gutted but other than that it hasn't quite sunk in yet. Had a little weep but that's over for now.

Hi maryb. I am sorry for your predicament and I hope you are feeling better about it now. Looking on the positive though...as you will know lots of people who test positive for Lyme improve when treated...who is to say this isn't the root of your whole problem! Fingers crossed for you :hug:.

Do you have a LLMD here in the UK? I know there is one which Dr M mentioned but I don't know his name, I'll have to ask her. I would very much like to see one myself but don't know if we have any good LLMD's here!

:hug:

J