• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dropsy

Just needing to vent as i'm REALLY irritating myself! I've always had an issue with dropping things since the ME but the last few weeks its been ridiculous.

My symptoms are quite good at the mo so i'm pottering around the house (i'm guessing this is why i'm noticing!) almost every single thing i pick up i'm dropping; from tiny things to cups.

Bending over makes my head explode so i'm literally making myself ill as i wander about dropping everything. Its really, really pis*ing me off!!!!!

I've learned over the years to 'non react' whenever i drop my newly made dinner or spill milk on the carpet etc. i'm calm as a millpond over every spillage but lately, the amount its happening... I'm really getting on my nerves!!!! :mad:

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I feel your pain. I can't grip anything to save my life. A lot of the time I just let things lay where they are.

If you do have to pick something up, don't lean over, squat down and bend your knees. Maybe that will help some with the dizziness.

Cut yourself some slack. Have a good laugh over it. If we don't who will?

@Hell...Hath...No...Fury.. Love your quotes in your signature. Especially the last one. Just had a doc throw something back in my face even though we had the conversation in writing and it clearly showed she was wrong. Egos.

Martial

I actually broke several toes slamming my feet into chairs on several different occasions. One of them was before a snowboarding trip for three days.. My toe never forgave me for that one! :/ lol

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Nope. I'm pretty sure these are bruises because they always turn a lovely shade if yellow and purple.

Sometimes a bruise is just a bruise.

Martial

Nope. I'm pretty sure these are bruises because they always turn a lovely shade if yellow and purple.

Sometimes a bruise is just a bruise.

Lol I mean sometimes the infection can literally create bruises, but yes sometimes a bruise is also JUST a bruise! :)

rosie26

Like your signature too @Hell...Hath...No...Fury.. , One that really hurts too is when you open the small cabinet in the bathroom and you leave it open then bend over and then forget the cabinet door is still open and catch your head on it.

A couple of years ago I gave myself a huge punch in the face. My neighbors were going through a noisy patch at night. I couldn't bear it any longer so I grabbed my mattress and tried to take it out to the lounge all the while knowing it was not a good idea to be carrying something so heavy but I just had to get away from the noise. Halfway out to the lounge I lost grip on the mattress and my fist hit me in the forehead. I woke the next morning with the room spinning violently.
I now have a spare bed in the lounge, it's also amusing when people see the bed in the lounge. "Oh, you have a bed in the lounge?" "Why have you got a bed in the lounge?" lol !

Last edited: