• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Current Book to give to family on why I am they way i am?!

place

Be Strong!
Serously, just had huge fight with mother about how I don't want to have a relationship with her because I won't go out to dinner with her at night. And if I do make plans, I often break them. So now i just don't make them and she just doesn't understand.

I do work, easy-ish job, only 30 or so hours a week (I think, I should clock myself). I know the next sentence will not match the first sentences but… I run a mid size company that allows me to be flexible in my work hours. So I come in late if I need to sleep, I work Saturdays and Sundays if I go home early on the week days. My mom seems to think I work tooo much and I am chosing work over socializing.

Its when I finally get home, I need to rest. Ughhhhh WTF does anybody have a good current book that she could learn from?

SOC

Serously, just had huge fight with mother about how I don't want to have a relationship with her because I won't go out to dinner with her at night. And if I do make plans, I often break them. So now i just don't make them and she just doesn't understand.

I do work, easy-ish job, only 30 or so hours a week (I think, I should clock myself). I know the next sentence will not match the first sentences but… I run a mid size company that allows me to be flexible in my work hours. So I come in late if I need to sleep, I work Saturdays and Sundays if I go home early on the week days. My mom seems to think I work tooo much and I am chosing work over socializing.

Its when I finally get home, I need to rest. Ughhhhh WTF does anybody have a good current book that she could learn from?
Why don't you just send her here to read for a bit? Maybe she'd figure out you're doing pretty darn well for a person with ME/CFS and get off your case. ;)

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
Why don't you just send her here to read for a bit? Maybe she'd figure out you're doing pretty darn well for a person with ME/CFS and get off your case. ;)
that's an excellent idea! But in my view, a good option would be to hand her the canadian consensus criteria, explaining the symptoms of CFS and the Primer for Clinical Practitioners from IACFS/ME, that explain biological alterations found in CFS, treatment, etc. Here the links:
canadian consensus criteria : http://www.name-us.org/DefintionsPages/DefinitionsArticles/ConsensusDocumentFull.pdf
Primer for Medical Practitioners: http://www.iacfsme.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=zYEzLn11Ej0=&tabid=509

I have the exact same problem than you with my family and I understand you by heart, buy they are not ready to read anithing that I handle them, I hope that you´ll have better luck, hugs

place

Be Strong!
Soc- Thanks so much. She is not good at the Computers and the internets. But I can print out select stories for her to understand that I may be doing well today but in the drop of a hat could be bed bound. Pacing is the number one issues we need to keep.

Lauluce- Along with the post, this would be good to give a definition. It is a true picture.

Thanks for the help guys!