• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My experience with DHEA

Ema

[qote="Ema, post: 454916, member: 4199"]Not really. I only use preg in the morning and use a benzo at night. I haven't seen any issues with this??
I took them together at night once and had some bizarre head feelings...and have been afraid to take them together at all since. Just curious if you'd noticed anything. It could have been a one-off.[/quote]

I have heard it make people sleepy also but i think it's certain oral versions as it converts to a different type of pregnenlone, maybe this was at higher dose too. Can't remember the specifics. Or may have had something to do with progesterone production or something like that? ?[/quote]
Yeah, oral progesterone converts to allopregnanolone which is extremely sedating in most people. It sedated me for most of the next day as well which is why it didn't work for me at all!

Hopefully when I'm ready to wean again, I will also be done with the Valium so it won't make a difference. It just doesn't make much sense to me to take a GABA agonist with an antagonist at the same time!

Ema

I have read that pregnenalone can improve gaba sensitivity too. So who knows. Another thing that is individual to each other??
Either that or just not tested enough to really know...

It took 150 mg of pregnenolone to get my levels up into the optimal range. I was also a little worried about taking that much long term. But it must have all been flowing downstream as fast as I took it in....

adreno

PR activist
Pregnenolone makes my thinking clearer, but it also helps when I can't sleep...cortisol will improve sleep, so it could be that, I don't know. I've taken benzos and other gaba agonists with no problems while on it.

adreno

PR activist
@adreno do u use the preg matrix? ? I have heard it has a better absorption rate then other oral press? I have never tried that version only a basic oral version from biovea.

For me preg seems to increase cortisol and as you say probably a good thing to start with. My cortisol level rose from just in the normal range to the middle of normal range. So helps my cortisol too.

Do u get a good energy effect from hydrocortisone?
Yeah I've taken the MLM version... Can't say it is much better, it's supposed to be slow release, I don't feel much difference.

I've had bad experience with HC and avoid it.