• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where to download IACFS/ME Primer -- Revised 2014 edition?

waiting

Does anyone know where to download the 2014 revised Primer, if available?

I know that you can order it in the spiral-bound format on bookpatch.com.

SOC

Any report on what's new/different in the 2014 edition? The sections all have the same titles. Doesn't look like there's any more about immune dysfunction or pathogens, which is a disappointment. I haven't read the document through to compare it to the the original edition, though.

It's still the best treatment document we have, IMO.

waiting

Any report on what's new/different in the 2014 edition? The sections all have the same titles. Doesn't look like there's any more about immune dysfunction or pathogens, which is a disappointment. I haven't read the document through to compare it to the the original edition, though.

It's still the best treatment document we have, IMO.

See QuixoticMEBlog by "Patrick W. Calvin" (pseudonym) : http://quixoticmeblog.blogspot.ca/2014/03/detailed-notes-from-all-4-days-of.html
If you scroll down to near the bottom, he has a summary of the presentation about the revised Primer.

I agree -- this document is the best one to give to physicians. In addition to the excellent content of the document, physicians prefer and are familiar with the format and level of detail used in the primer.

Dolphin

I've just finished reading the 2014 edition.

Overall I was pleased. There was the odd little bit I had quibbles with but overall happy. I think it's an improvement on the 2012 edition which had lots of good points but also some points I wasn't happy with.

Denise

The updated Primer is an improvement but imo it is still in a draft version. I am not downloading it until they correct the typos, and other errors in it.

Dolphin

The updated Primer is an improvement but imo it is still in a draft version. I am not downloading it until they correct the typos, and other errors in it.
You could write to them with points, typos, etc. I wrote to them with quite a lot of points on the 2012 edition (and would like to think it might have helped).

They say:

Comments and suggestions on the Primer are welcome (To: admin@iacfsme.org; Subject line: Primer comments/questions).

Denise

You could write to them with points, typos, etc. I wrote to them with quite a lot of points on the 2012 edition (and would like to think it might have helped).

They say:
:)
I did send them a list of things I have spotted and I hope others will do so as well so that the document can be as strong and accurate as possible.