• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Muscle pain - Vit D???

Seven7

Seven
So I had terrible terrible muscle pain, mainly in legs and arms (big run across all leg muscles) specially in the outside of leg and Joints. I stopped vit D and muscle pain is gone, I stopped because I was suspecting that is what it was. I am not even wanting to do my 3 times test (I usually make sure 3 times start/stop) that it is the cause.

I am VDR +- not sure that has anything to do with it. Anybody else experience this beyond the first days, I am taking about after 3+ months of being on it.

Seven7

Seven
I take magnesium, Do Not take K. I was only taking 2,000 IUD D3.

By the way this is how I react when I eat allergens (muscle pain) Now I read Vit D can cause allergy reaction????

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

http://www.vitamindwiki.com/Some people have problems with vitamin D

Another list
Vitamin D3 has sometimes caused these symptoms, but the percentage of occurrences is unknown.
Please note: no drug should be ruled out as causing symptoms, even if the symptom is not listed.

• Abdominal cramps
  • Abnormal kidney function
  • Allergic reactions (may include a sudden severe drop in blood pressure; rapid heart rate; skin rash, itching, hives; itchy, runny, congested nose; red itchy, watery eyes; shortness of breath, wheezing, cough, hoarseness, chest tightness; nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, diarrhea; irritation of the stomach and esophagus)
  • Anorexia/loss of appetite (anorexia is a medical term for loss of appetite - sometimes used for anorexia nervosa, the eating disorder)
  • Behavior changes - after medication overdose
  • Bone pain - after medication overdose
  • Calcium deposits in abnormal locations where there is no bone - may be visible on x-ray)
  • Chest pain or tightness - after medication overdose
  • Coma
  • Confusion/disorientation
  • Constipation - after medication overdose
  • Coordination problems ("ataxia")
  • Difficulty thinking - after medication overdose
  • Dry mouth
  • Excessive urination
  • Excessive, prolonged thirst
  • Frequent wakening at night to urinate
  • Headache
  • High blood pressure
  • High/increased calcium levels
  • Inability to comprehend language - after medication overdose
  • Irregular/abnormal heart rate
  • Irritability - after medication overdose
  • Itching
  • Lack of energy/fatigue
  • Metallic taste - after medication overdose
  • Muscle pain/soreness - after medication overdose
  • Muscle weakness - after medication overdose
  • Nausea - after medication overdose
  • Overdose of vitamin D (may cause high blood levels of calcium with mental status changes/confusion, calcium deposits in abnormal/non-bone locations, and abnormal heart rhythm; high levels of phosphate; increased calcium in the urine; nausea/vomiting; poor appetite; weakness; weight loss) - after medication overdose
  • Protein in the urine
  • Ringing in the ears
  • Seizure
  • Shortness of breath - after medication overdose
  • Vertigo (dizziness, loss of balance, feeling that the room is spinning)
  • Vomiting - after medication overdose
  • Weight loss - after medication overdose

Martial

Have you gotten your levels tested recently? Pretty important to find out before starting it. You don't want to over do it but most people are chronically deficient. FYI I had a LOT of de tox like symptoms from the vitamin D clearing out lyme disease and old viruses, like it was all dormant and the addition of vitamin D strengthened my immune system just enough to start cleaning house. My level was 30 though so I know it was not from over dosing, My doctor wants me in the 75-100 range, These reactions sound very severe but doubtful they would happen with doses recommended under a doctors care and with proper testing prior.

I take 10,000i.u. a day under doctor's recommendation with vitamin K2/fermented fish cod oil complex, alongside my other methylation and herbal supplements.

*GG*

Have you gotten your levels tested recently? Pretty important to find out before starting it. You don't want to over do it but most people are chronically deficient. FYI I had a LOT of de tox like symptoms from the vitamin D clearing out lyme disease and old viruses, like it was all dormant and the addition of vitamin D strengthened my immune system just enough to start cleaning house. My level was 30 though so I know it was not from over dosing, My doctor wants me in the 75-100 range, These reactions sound very severe but doubtful they would happen with doses recommended under a doctors care and with proper testing prior.

I take 10,000i.u. a day under doctor's recommendation with vitamin K2/fermented fish cod oil complex, alongside my other methylation and herbal supplements.

Wow, sounds like a good Dr, wants your levels in the 75 to 100 range. I take 10,000 IUs during the winter and kick it down to 5K during the summer!

GG

Martial

Wow, sounds like a good Dr, wants your levels in the 75 to 100 range. I take 10,000 IUs during the winter and kick it down to 5K during the summer!

GG

Yeah Indeed! Best LLMD I have ever found, I still can't believe the look on my mom's face when he mentioned herxing with the phases of the Moon. He is a very prominent and well recognized medical doctor with very traditional schooling, I guess he got into alternative treatments later on but even practices out of a building in a very large medical hospital center, so people tend to take what he says seriously as well haha! Most lyme doctor's in my area are not even familiar the different herbal protocols and non pharmaceutical treatment, yet mine actually prescribed me the Cowden protocol, though I opted for Dr. Buhner's instead lol!