• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Source for compounded LDN in California

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
My NP was not comfortable getting my naltrexone out of state so I found a place that gave me a good price and worked with me to get a filler I could take.

I'm getting #60 .5 mgs for $30. I know that is more than Skips but my first RX from the compounder my doc uses was $48 for #30 .5 mgs

I just switched to them and am really thrilled with the service. Shipping is free.

http://www.newportcoastpharmacy.com

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
My NP was not comfortable getting my naltrexone out of state so I found a place that gave me a good price and worked with me to get a filler I could take.

I'm getting #60 .5 mgs for $30. I know that is more than Skips but my first RX from the compounder my doc uses was $48 for #30 .5 mgs

I just switched to them and am really thrilled with the service. Shipping is free.

http://www.newportcoastpharmacy.com

Why does he think out-of-state is a problem? The good pharmacies a sophisticated and quick with shipping. Note: I've found with LDN the charges are related mostly to making the capsules, not the dose of LDN. Since we often switch doses, I prefer liquid which is easy to measure out with and an insulin syringe sans needle.

Sushi

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I don't know what her problem is. She just didn't want to do it. I was looking for a cheaper source but I'm still speeding from the one I took at 7 a.m. I don't know what the problem is.

For now, I'll stick with the one she used. I got them to give me a better price if I ordered more. I just don't want to waste more money trying Skips.

Just out of curiosity, what is the price difference between caps and the liquid?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Just out of curiosity, what is the price difference between caps and the liquid?

I don't know as I got my liquid when I was overseas. I know Skips sell liquid as well as caps but I don't know the price difference.

Sushi

NK17

@minkeygirl I've been getting my compounded LDN from the McGuff Compounding Pharmacy Services here in SoCal, they're in Santa Ana.

I send my dr's RX via e-mail and they prepare and ship it quite quickly.

I've been getting it at 1,5 mg but the next order will be 3 mg (I get it dye and lactose free).

I'll let you know how much is the cost, if I remember right it's always been around $80 more or less.

It's pricey but worth it. I'm thinking of talking my dr to prescribe some regular dose naltrexone and then dilute it in distilled water, that way it would be dirty cheap ;).

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@NK17, I've used McGuffs before for some BHRT. I spoke to Clay Hammond yesterday and he was a real jerk. He told me that .5 mgs did nothing and that I couldn't be having a reaction to the LDN I got.

He had me in tears so I called Harbor Compounding in Costa Mesa where I got my first RX and spoke to Mike. He gave me a great deal on a 3 month supply and even brought it over to me on his own time. I was shocked.

I'm going to toss around getting the regular stuff too. I have the stuff to make my own stuff. The only issue might be if there is a coating on the pill which makes it hard to crush.

Who is your doctor?

NK17

@NK17, I've used McGuffs before for some BHRT. I spoke to Clay Hammond yesterday and he was a real jerk. He told me that .5 mgs did nothing and that I couldn't be having a reaction to the LDN I got.

He had me in tears so I called Harbor Compounding in Costa Mesa where I got my first RX and spoke to Mike. He gave me a great deal on a 3 month supply and even brought it over to me on his own time. I was shocked.

I'm going to toss around getting the regular stuff too. I have the stuff to make my own stuff. The only issue might be if there is a coating on the pill which makes it hard to crush.

Who is your doctor?
The dr. who prescribed the LDN is my rheumatologist.

My ME/CFS dr. is Kogelnik and he is fully on board as far as LDN for pain and possibly immune boosting properties.

I also spoke to Clay Hammet, this was 2 years ago, I have to say that he didn't sound very open to the extra low dose, but I managed to get down from 4.5 mg to 1.5 mg.

I didn't have any bad reaction to the 4.5 mg dose except a very elated mood the first week and sleep disruption, so I've been taking it in the morning just like you.

I'll check out the Costa Mesa pharmacy ;).

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@NK17 When you call, speak to Mike. He's the compounder and the one who brought my RX over. My NP uses Harbor, but I had never heard of them before. I've used California but they are really expensive and Steven's charges a set up fee. My NP likes it for all sorts of reasons including antiviral. I asked her if .5 was too low and she said no. I'll try working up again to more when I feel better.

My Rheumo didn't know about LDN and she wouldn't treat me until I saw an Immunologist about my screwy lab results. I'm in the middle of that right now. The Immuno is clueless about ME/CFS. I'm trying to get a referral the Dr. Gupta at UCI but they've denied me twice.

I've dealt with Clay before. He's very rigid in his thinking. Clearly can't think outside the box.

NK17

@NK17 When you call, speak to Mike. He's the compounder and the one who brought my RX over. My NP uses Harbor, but I had never heard of them before. I've used California but they are really expensive and Steven's charges a set up fee. My NP likes it for all sorts of reasons including antiviral. I asked her if .5 was too low and she said no. I'll try working up again to more when I feel better.

My Rheumo didn't know about LDN and she wouldn't treat me until I saw an Immunologist about my screwy lab results. I'm in the middle of that right now. The Immuno is clueless about ME/CFS. I'm trying to get a referral the Dr. Gupta at UCI but they've denied me twice.

I've dealt with Clay before. He's very rigid in his thinking. Clearly can't think outside the box.
@minkeygirl I just ordered the LDN from Harbor Compounding Pharmacy.

Michael Hua is the owner and compounding pharmacist and a real gem!

I wanted to thank you for giving me the info about this reliable and cheaper source for LDN here in SoCal ;).

I'll report back after I'll receive it and re-start the therapy.

Good luck with the referral to Dr. Gupta @ UCI.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@NK17. So glad I could help. He's great although sometimes there is a problem with people who answer the phone.

I actually decided to get an RX for 50 mgs capsules or tablets. Then I can mix with water and it'll cost me a few cents month. I need every cent I have for other things.

I"m waiting until I get the results of my pneumovax. If my PCP doesn't back me then the only way to see Gupta is to pay out of my pocket. I can do that but if I need Gammaglobulin then thats a huge problem because of the cost. But he's the only Clinical Immunologist in OC with ME/CFS experience.