• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

23andme results COMT +/+ VDR TAQ +/+

Hi guys,

FIrst time posting here. Since my late teen years (early 20s now), I've always felt a general fatigue which I didn't have before and I've tried everything under the sun from paleo to supplements to nootropics and if anything the problem's only gotten worse. After researching the results of my 23andme panel, it seems that the genetic approach really is promising and I've read up a bit on it on Heartfixer.

I've attached my genetic genie results below.

The first thing I noticed I have to address is the CBS +/- and so I've started cutting out thiols from my diet and am awaiting the sulfate strips to see if i do have a high sulfer burden in my body. After this, I'm at a loss. There's so much information and particularly for my COMT +/+ and VDR TAQ +/+ mutations, I have no clue what to do about them. Can someone give me a more indepth analysis on how I should proceed from here? If it helps, I've always had trouble focusing and have generally felt unhappy and it seems like methyl donors like CDPcholine do give me anxiety.

Attachments

• 23andme.png
    23andme.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 39
The first thing I noticed I have to address is the CBS +/- and so I've started cutting out thiols from my diet and am awaiting the sulfate strips to see if i do have a high sulfer burden in my body. After this, I'm at a loss. There's so much information and particularly for my COMT +/+ and VDR TAQ +/+ mutations, I have no clue what to do about them. Can someone give me a more indepth analysis on how I should proceed from here? If it helps, I've always had trouble focusing and have generally felt unhappy and it seems like methyl donors like CDPcholine do give me anxiety.
The CBS SNPs have little impact, and the +/+ version is actually mildly beneficial. The heterozygous version of C699T has little or no impact.

VDR and COMT are primarily used to determine which type of B12 is most tolerable. +/+ generally indicates the slow version of the genes, which means potentially less tolerance of the extra methyl groups in methylB12. So if you do try B12, hydroxoB12 might be a better idea than methylB12.

Based on your results, you might have a mild deficit in folate production and/or B12 recycling. Hence a normal dose (such as in a normal multi or B-multi) might help with that. Higher B12 supplementation might have a beneficial effect irrespective of your actual levels.

Hey, thanks for your response. Then how come websites like Heartfixer place such a huge emphesis on CBS as a firstline target of therapy?
Because they're parroting Yasko. And Yasko can't interpret research, so has come up with some very bizarre statements.

I also went through NutraHacker and I have a homozygous mutation for BHMT08 rs651852, which I think would further aggravate the CBS mutation, although as you say it's very minor and negligible. So to stimulate the BHMT pathway I need TMG, a methyl donor. Do you think based on my VDR TAQ +/+ and COMT +/+ I could add that without being sensitive to it?