• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IV lipid replacement

Aerose91

So I'm putting a plan together and am seeing a new doctor and she.is.highly recommending IV lipid replacement per the Patricia Kane protocol. Her reasons for this are 1) oral PC therapy simply isn't high enough dosage and. 2) my gut is so damaged and absorbing so little that it's the only viable way to get them into my system.

I can buy this but it's (obviously) not cheap. I'm still trying to heal my gut but she said that the replacement lipids will help heal the gut as well, plus if they are IV mal-absorption won't matter. I want to make sure i do everything right from the get-go. Will this be effective to be if my gut is still doing poorly?

Martial

Also just out of curiosity what makes them think you have such a badly damaged gut? I know from when we spoke before you were the least likely person I would expect this from, having a gut healing diet, regular exercises, good stress levels prior to illness, no long term antibiotics, etc..

Aerose91

Also just out of curiosity what makes them think you have such a badly damaged gut? I know from when we spoke before you were the least likely person I would expect this from, having a gut healing diet, regular exercises, good stress levels prior to illness, no long term antibiotics, etc..

Yah dude I wouldn't have thought so either but my doc did a urine test to see how well in digesting and my protein was off the charts bad. Fats and carbs weren't great either. I really have no idea why that is considering how well I've always eaten so there has to be another factor. Maybe the fact that I had bad adrenal fatigue prior to this.

Martial

Yah dude I wouldn't have thought so either but my doc did a urine test to see how well in digesting and my protein was off the charts bad. Fats and carbs weren't great either. I really have no idea why that is considering how well I've always eaten so there has to be another factor. Maybe the fact that I had bad adrenal fatigue prior to this.

low stomach acid can do all of this, usually can happen from gut infections, also possibly parasites, tape worms, etc... I would think those are definite possibilites given your otherwise perfect lifestyle choices and diet!

Aerose91

I def have low stomach acid. I have to wonder what that's from. I take HCL with every meal but if I take as much as I need I get terrible insomnia so I can't do that. I'm going to do a Hydrogen sulfide test but I'm hoping to find a doctor who will do some real in depth stuff with me in terms of gut testing. I'm going to see a new functional medicine practitioner in hopes that she will do that and order the IgeniX test