• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sulphur/Sulphite Sensitivity

taroki

I recently found out I have sulphur/sulfite allergy and it has gotten much worse over the past few weeks!!! It started with the liver flush a couple weeks back, then the colonics (after the second one I had a huge candida intestinal yeast flare up, but better after the third yesterday).

My symptoms are : discomfort in chest area and makes me feel mentally and physically unwell for a day or two.

I am currently supplementing with molybdenum and was wondering if it's normally to be more sensitive to sulphur/sulphites while on this supplement? It has gotten so bad that that all I am eating now are rice and chicken. :-(

Also can anyone recommend sulfite urine test strips? Which is the best brand? I am confused as there are both sulfite and sulfate test strips. It would be nice to see if molybdenum is working in the long run.

Why does liquid molybdenum (ammonium molybdate) cause ammonia in some people but helps others? I think this is what is causing me to wake up early this past week. I have now switched to molybdenum amino acid chelate, not sure what dosage is beneficial.

I have Lyme, Mercury, Very high Copper, etc.

Martial

I recently found out I have sulphur/sulfite allergy and it has gotten much worse over the past few weeks!!! It started with the liver flush a couple weeks back, then the colonics (after the second one I had a huge candida intestinal yeast flare up, but better after the third yesterday).

My symptoms are : discomfort in chest area and makes me feel mentally and physically unwell for a day or two.

I am currently supplementing with molybdenum and was wondering if it's normally to be more sensitive to sulphur/sulphites while on this supplement? It has gotten so bad that that all I am eating now are rice and chicken. :-(

Also can anyone recommend sulfite urine test strips? Which is the best brand? I am confused as there are both sulfite and sulfate test strips. It would be nice to see if molybdenum is working in the long run.

Why does liquid molybdenum (ammonium molybdate) cause ammonia in some people but helps others? I think this is what is causing me to wake up early this past week. I have now switched to molybdenum amino acid chelate, not sure what dosage is beneficial.

I have Lyme, Mercury, Very high Copper, etc.

What treatment are you currently following for the Lyme disease? Lyme disease causes a high amount of ammonia to be built in the body, this is the neuro toxin released from the bacteria that causes the bulk of most people's symptoms! If you are having reactions like that it could be related to possible de tox, or allergies due to the lyme toxins, there are also other things which will raise the ammonia in the body, it is important that you do not consume or use these products/foods until the ammonia is more under control and level's are significantly lowered.

I personally use Dr. Jernigans Neuro Anti Tox II formula to wipe out the ammonia, you can find this at hansacenter.com. Check out the site and read some of the articles as well, a very informative place on proper lyme treatment! His book Beating Lyme is also great! The perfect 7 protocol from the book is what I use and is proving very successful! I also use Fred's methylation protocol though, as well as Dr. Buhners lyme protocol.

Dr. Buhner is another person that has a wonderful protocol in the treatment of lyme disease and I would highly suggest it!

Here is an article regarding ammonia and lyme.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/ly.../1222379-lyme-neuro-toxins-do-we-have-to-herx

Yucca extract, Zeolite, Japanese knotweed/resveratrol, and Pinella are also other potent ways to reduce overall ammonia levels.

If you buy zeolite you need to get the micronized version though, otherwise it will not work.

Zeolite.com, or Zeoforce would be your best options!

Lou

What treatment are you currently following for the Lyme disease? Lyme disease causes a high amount of ammonia to be built in the body, this is the neuro toxin released from the bacteria that causes the bulk of most people's symptoms! If you are having reactions like that it could be related to possible de tox, or allergies due to the lyme toxins, there are also other things which will raise the ammonia in the body, it is important that you do not consume or use these products/foods until the ammonia is more under control and level's are significantly lowered.

I personally use Dr. Jernigans Neuro Anti Tox II formula to wipe out the ammonia, you can find this at hansacenter.com. Check out the site and read some of the articles as well, a very informative place on proper lyme treatment! His book Beating Lyme is also great! The perfect 7 protocol from the book is what I use and is proving very successful! I also use Fred's methylation protocol though, as well as Dr. Buhners lyme protocol.

Dr. Buhner is another person that has a wonderful protocol in the treatment of lyme disease and I would highly suggest it!

Here is an article regarding ammonia and lyme.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/ly.../1222379-lyme-neuro-toxins-do-we-have-to-herx

Yucca extract, Zeolite, Japanese knotweed/resveratrol, and Pinella are also other potent ways to reduce overall ammonia levels.

If you buy zeolite you need to get the micronized version though, otherwise it will not work.

Zeolite.com, or Zeoforce would be your best options!

Hi Martial,

You seemed to be paying it forward in trumps, helping a lot of people, me included. Short backstory is I'm part of the Lake Tahoe outbreak back in middle 1980's, very sick for many years, then began to improve late 1990's until recently (2012) when I'm convinced I got Lyme. I've never been diagnosed (never tested) but I had the rash, severe swollen lymph nodes, babesia symptom of drenching sweats every night, the whole gamut. Didn't go the doctor or antibiotic route, take your pick, they've both nearly killed me more than once.

Samento, banderol, coconut oil and zeolite have helped the most, but just treading water for past six months, not really getting better, or worse, for that matter. After reading some of your posts I've become less fatalistic about ever getting rid of this shit and have ordered Byron White's a-bart and a-bab,. also, some anti malarial supplement (can't remember name, lol, starts with a C).

My question concerns Dr. Jernigans Neuro anti tox 11. There's at least three different kinds listed on Hansacenter site including Basic, cardio and muscular-skeleton. Which one is it that you take?

If you have suggestion of best supplement for lymph drainage I'd be particularly interested in that. Not even when I first became ill with me/cfs did the lymph nodes swell in all the places they have with Lyme. Just getting that back somewhere near normal would be a great step forward.

I see you like Dr. Buenher's protocol. If BW formulas don't help, perhaps I'll ask more about that treatment, which supps make up core therapy.

Thanks for what you're doing here.

Lou

Last edited:

taroki

Thanks all, I haven't got to targeting the Lyme yet since I'm busy trying to boost my immune system (it's been a lot better since last year ... but going downhill now with this sulphur problem)

I've tried Zeolite but at night my body would heat up (Babesia symptom?)

Can't detox until I fix my gut and this sulphite/sulphur issue :(

My body is cold and I have barely been sleeping ... would like to find out how to get in touch with Dr. Yasko or buy her report so I can find out if I am positive for CBS mutations (which can cause sulphur sensitivity).

taroki

@minkeygirl
Really? Thanks! I was still waiting for approval on her forum.

Edit: Oh I just realized ... if you 'Like' the page then your friends will see your posts? And where on the forum did you post your question? (under any random post topic?)

Last edited:

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@minkeygirl
Really? Thanks! I was still waiting for approval on her forum.

Edit: Oh I just realized ... if you 'Like' the page then your friends will see your posts? And where on the forum did you post your question? (under any random post topic?)
You have to tag them @taroki for that person to get a notice.

Also what question were you asking about? I got lost In here.

Gingergrrl

Also can anyone recommend sulfite urine test strips? Which is the best brand? I am confused as there are both sulfite and sulfate test strips.

Am bumping this old thread as I am also curious to learn more about the sulfite test strips and if anyone recommends a certain brand? I want to test prior to trying nebulized glutathione and get the right kind of strips.

Thanks in advance!