• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Lightening Process. Does it work? If so then how?

Min

Calathea

I've just worked out what this "du" business reminds me of, as well as the irritation at brutalising the English language. Years ago, Slimming World decided to do a points-based system, but Weight Watchers had already snaffled "points", so they decided to call them "sins". This is, of course, a bloody awful way to think about food. These days they call them "syns". Supposedly it's short for "synergy", and no one is ever quite sure what that means, so they get away with it.

As for the person pushing LP, I thought advertising wasn't allowed here?

As for the person pushing LP, I thought advertising wasn't allowed here?
Agreed, every single post he made was about LP. First the "miracle cure" for a sick colleague, which we weren't too impressed by, then he suddenly had the fatigue too, and now his own miracle cure. No interest in asking about symptoms, work problems, disability issues, etc, just 100% selling LP.

If I ever do take an LP or related claim seriously, it'll have to come from someone who's actually part of the community, not a hit-and-run poster.

Ambrosia_angel

Agreed, every single post he made was about LP. First the "miracle cure" for a sick colleague, which we weren't too impressed by, then he suddenly had the fatigue too, and now his own miracle cure. No interest in asking about symptoms, work problems, disability issues, etc, just 100% selling LP.

If I ever do take an LP or related claim seriously, it'll have to come from someone who's actually part of the community, not a hit-and-run poster.
Dster still hasn't replied and I'm sure he/she has read all the posts seeing as they were so initially enthusiastic to talk about what the LP.

I'm going to do more investigations into the children a part of the clinical trial and see if can find any information from them. I'm on the AYME forum but I don't go on their much because it's too difficult for me to use. They might not even know about the trial but I'm going to see if anyone has any details about it. I'll update here later.

Way too much is put into covering up what actually happens in the program like @golden said before. That just shows that if we have the information we could easily do it ourselves without investing £800.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
What I do know is that LPers are told not to communicate in any way with other people suffering with this illness, so forums are out.
I mean what is that all about other than brainwashing?

I'm not rubbishing depression or other psychological illneses but I think the replies on here so far have shown the poster that we're not a bunch of depressed, vulnerable, naïve, fragile desperate people (well maybe desperate, but not that desperate!!)
I couldn't make it so sessions so that would count me and thousands like me out anyway, so again a selective group. Okay I heard a practitioner went out to a severely ill person - 1 person ...............no comment.

Second, Phil tells us that his program is quite complicated and takes twelve hours to complete (three four-hour days). In that time, the program will find what's stopping you from having good health, holding up your golf game, or keeping you from being happy or rich. Then, he'll fix it. You can expect 70% improvement after the first day and by the end of the third day 85% are fixed.*(Unfortunately, Phil seems to have pulled these numbers out of his arse.)

(http://www.skepdic.com/lightningprocess.html)

Today I am 'doing' laughing (still not cured).

peggy-sue

Wildcat's post on the previous page is absolutely correct and accurate.:thumbsup:

All of the "techniques" used in LP are old and well-known ones;
PP has just picked a few and cobbled them together.

@Calathea - there was an attempt at one point by Cognitive "science" to refer to the difficult and messy problem of emotions which don't fit in with their logical computery "mind" thing.

They called them E-motions!:p:p:p
(poo flying around in cyberspace, anybody?)

golden

http://ultraculture.org/blog/2014/01/16/nlp-10-ways-protect-mind-control/#fref

I am not really liking what i am reading about NLP. Methods used to bypass the conscious mind and control people. This is what Derren Brown uses too.

According to this link, you have to roll your eyes all over the place lol to stop them from accessing your personal subconscious!

Therr are some interesting points - in this but its all too bizarre.

@ Golden - - There are threads on this Forum going back over many years, that detail the very long and hard work that ME sufferers and carers have done to try to stop the UK NHS Lightning Trial on children, and to generally educate Forum members, other ME sufferers and the general public about the dangers of the Lightning Process for ME. .
Try a Forum search on 'Lightning Smile Trial' - or 'Lightning National Research Ethics Committee'

More information here: http://meagenda.wordpress.com/2010/...t-study-in-children-receives-ethics-approval/

@ - - Golden - some threads re the UK Lightning Trial that was done on youngsters via the NHS -
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?search/13403223/&q=Lightning+Smile&o=date

Numerous complaints, with evidence, were sent to the National Research Ethics Committee as to why trialling Lightning on youngsters was against international research ethics, and how Lightnfing was known to have harmed very numerous adults with ME.

https://meagenda.wordpress.com/category/lightning-process-smile-study/

golden

8!!!

I dislike how they have targeted M.E.

Why not a Cancer study instead?

I did find a young lad who attempted suicide after he blamed himself for the LP failing him - very sad.

However I am cautious of it all since I have no personal knowledge of this and it seems to have polar opinion.

http://multiplechemicalsensitivity....mpted-suicide-after-lightning-process-course/

If I am not mistaken also, Emily Rantzen did credit the LP as getting her from bedbound to giving her her life back....but there was a constant background fatigue to
which she thinks this is Coeliac Disease - but CD has not been scientifically verified (understandably)...

Emily had already stated in the national media, the year before she did Lightning, that she was 70% recovered.

.5 years after doing Lightning, again in the national media, Emily wrote that now she had been diagnosed with Coeliac, that it was a relief to not have to keep dragging herself around (ie pretending that she was recovered from ME).

Lightning teaches people to say they are well, even when they are still sick.

golden

Emily had already stated in the national media, the year before she did Lightning, that she was 70% recovered.

.5 years after doing Lightning, again in the national media, Emily wrote that now she had been diagnosed with Coeliac, that it was a relief to not have to keep dragging herself around (ie pretending that she was recovered from ME).

Lightning teaches people to say they are well, even when they are still sick.

Please dont feel a need to spend energy answering these questions...but if anyone feels they easily can please do...

Can someone link me to the media which states Emily said she was already 70% cured from bedbound state BEFORE LP pls?

If she was 70% recovered, does she state how,

this would also explain the energy and concentration and clear head needed to practice these techniques apparently which M.E. people just dont have.

Also can someone link me to Emilys official Coeliac Disease diagnoses because i read she doesnt have one - but its obvious to her she is gluten intolerant... (its obvious to me i am gluten intolerant and i wouldnt go through the testing either)

thanks...

Min

I just know that this is the third cure that Esther has claimed for her daughter in the Daily Mail. Quite how she remains president of AYME after shamelessly promoting LP, on the basis of Emily being cured by it when she wasn't, for all those years is beyond me. I await news of Emily's next cure...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...cret-Emilys-14-lost-years-Esther-Rantzen.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-434248/Saved-living-death.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-79042/ME-woman-cure-works-her.html

golden

Thanks @Min.
I didnt know Esther was head of M.E. charity.

From the links then, Emily did not have Hyde M.E.
Does Esther know about the hummingbird foundation? She can do no wrong in my view, I used to love Thats Life :)

Anyway, Emilys illness:

1992 14yrs old Glandular Fever. Off ..........school for a week
.........or two. Was sluggish when ..........returned and never
..........fully recovered. Gym made it .... ...........worse.
...........she got her GCSEs. Slowly .......... ..........declined.

1995- Diagnosed with M.E.

1998-Hospitalised for 6 weeks as she .........was bedbound.
.........pushed her step by step to do .........more.
.........she went to a wheelchair and then .........walking.

2001....saw Prof. Findley who told her ............M.E. is mostly
............a self correcting illness. She ..........states her body
..........healed itself without much ..........medical intervantion.

2007 - LP cured her she caught up with ..........lost education
.........studying for degree in psychology
.........But tiredness a constant ..........background.

2011 - went gluten free. No Medical ..........Diagnoses. Gave
..........her energy.

(oxygen and vitamins trashed as
mumbo jumbo (but not CBT or LP).

Difficult to format without a computer hope the dots work.