• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Antibiotics

Jon_Tradicionali

Alone & Wandering
valentinelynx post: 434164 said:
Hee hee. Love it. Herbs/supplements, right. Ayahuasca, San Pedro cactus (mescaline) are intense psychedelic plants (entheogens). 100% cure? The intense psychedelic experience cure? Alas, afraid it didn't work for me (ayahuasca), but then I didn't know it was supposed to cure my ME/CFS! What on earth is "Mambe"?

Notice my clear efforts to dissuade anyone from thinking they will be 100% cured forever...

I've never tried any of them and do not plan on doing so, like I said, they are backed up only by individual accounts.

I apologise if ayahuasca did not do anything for you, but you should have realised by now that we as humans, as well as patients, are different and react differently to anything we put into our bodies.

Last edited:

Daffodil

No

But considering he claims KDM was on the right track, I presume his treatment would be something along the lines of ABX, probiotics and herbal biofilm breakers.

But I wouldn't worry too much, we have almost figured it out ourselves.
hi Jon. So...you really think antibiotics are the answer? What makes you say so?
thanks
xoxo

Daffodil

I am now doing IV antibiotics in Belgium with KDM, i hvae been feeling great!! dizzy but my energy is better than it has been all year, this might just be because of the anti infalamtory mecanisms of the antibiotics... i am in week 3 of 6, but i have no real hope of getting rid of the borrelia, cause i have still not heard of an ME-CFS sufferer that has gotten rid of their borrelia, but please tell me if I am wrong :)
hi alexa. just wondering if you are still on IV or abx and how you are doing now....

thanks
xoxo

Jon_Tradicionali

Alone & Wandering
hi Jon. So...you really think antibiotics are the answer? What makes you say so?
thanks
xoxo

Hi @Daffodil

I don't mean to be lazy (hate that word) but below is a post I made a few minutes ago which I think also applied to your question:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bacteria causes CFS. Or does it? Here is a few ways to find out:

"Based on Kirby-Bauer antimicrobial susceptibility data, streptococci were found to be generally susceptible to cephalothin, erythromycin, nitrofurantoin, penicillin, and ticarcillin and clavulanate. Resistance to antimicrobials has not developed over the years, except for gentamicin and tetracycline against S. equisimilis."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22362945

The above antimicrobials are effective against Strep which KDM found an abnormal representation in all PWCFS in comparison with controls. Some of the effective antimicrobials listed above are intravenous which are generally more potent than oral variants.

Onwards
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon_Tradicionali

Alone & Wandering
but there is an abnormal representation of a many many many microbes in CFS....

Correct.

The post only mentions ABX potent for Strep bacteria. I only mentioned Strep as KDM mhkmentioned this bacteria to be distinctively overgrown in PWCFS and so it deserved the most attention.

Jadin rotates 4-5 different antimicrobials to treat PWCFS. Although she claims she is treating ricketsae, no one can be sure what is it that the ABX is actually killing that's achieved remission for over 80% of her patients. (Don't quote me on %)

The list of antimicrobials mentioned on my post above have a very good chance of achieving remission in my opinion and I'd take them in a heartbeat if I had the prescription.

Lassesen used Jadins ABX protocol to achieve remission also. You can read about it on his site if you're interested.

Daffodil

thank you so much, jon. hmm I wonder if KDM's abx will have the same effect on me!

love
sue

KDM claims 97% success if one follows his protocol? That's an outstanding figure. It quite simply attributes the gut as the cause of CFS doesn't it...

Where did you get that from? If that was true about 97% success rate, I'm sure all his patients would know about that. I was never told that. It's certainly something that you would want to broadcast if it was true.

Jon_Tradicionali

Alone & Wandering
Where did you get that from? If that was true about 97% success rate, I'm sure all his patients would know about that. I was never told that. It's certainly something that you would want to broadcast if it was true.

Apparently KDM said it himself. It was my response to a post by Daffodil. Below is the last part of it:

"a friend who saw him recently told me that he says he has a 60-some % success rate over 1 - 1 1/2 years(?) and 97% over 3 years...."

I quoted this on my post also. Did you not see it?

Apparently KDM said it himself. It was my response to a post by Daffodil. Below is the last part of it:

"a friend who saw him recently told me that he says he has a 60-some % success rate over 1 - 1 1/2 years(?) and 97% over 3 years...."

I quoted this on my post also. Did you not see it?

Thanks. I didn't personally hear this from him though and I saw him last year.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque

I have been his patient for over 3 years and have never heard him mention a 97% success rate. Maybe that was for a certain subset?

Sushi

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
If you watch his series of videos he seems to claim that there is no cure, but that for the younger age group, ill less time he would expect and hope to achieve a 90% improvement in functioning. For those older and ill for longer he would hope to, and tends to achieve a 50% improvement in functioning for the patient.

This seems realistic to me, and of course would also depend on what infections you have and what sunset you fit.

justy

If you watch his series of videos he seems to claim that there is no cure, but that for the younger age group, ill less time he would expect and hope to achieve a 90% improvement in functioning. For those older and ill for longer he would hope to, and tends to achieve a 50% improvement in functioning for the patient.

This seems realistic to me, and of course would also depend on what infections you have and what sunset you fit.

I was going to edit my above post to change Sunset, for sub set. But sunset sounds much nicer!

maryb

iherb code TAK122

50% improvement in functioning - Not for me unfortunately but there's still hope.

justy

@maryb I do hope so. For you and all of us...

I can only try. I'm sorry you didn't get much help from him, I also haven't had much help from other doctors that people rave about so I know how hard it is. KDM is my last Dr to try before I decide to rearrange my life even further to fit this damn disease.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@justy
my main worry for you is that you don't tolerate a/biotics well and much of his treatment is based on a/biotics.

knackers323

No

But considering he claims KDM was on the right track, I presume his treatment would be something along the lines of ABX, probiotics and herbal biofilm breakers.

But I wouldn't worry too much, we have almost figured it out ourselves.

So how far off an answer do you think we are Jon?