• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New findings could bring a lyme disease cure.

Martial

Very interesting new article finds how lyme disease evades the immune system and its relation to mangenase. The findings of the article discuss ways we can starve off the bacteria and even forms that lack cell wall such as mycoplasma!

I was going to go into more detail here but figured reading the article would be best!

Hope this finds everyone well!

Todd

http://www.livescience.com/28120-lyme-disease-manganese.html

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi Todd, think I saw this somewhere else on the forums? but perhaps it didn't have its own thread - so good it has one now!

I haven't been tested for Lyme (yet) but do suspect it, this could tie in with the fact that I have a manganese deficiency, and supplementing with manganese didn't seem to help.

sorry not got more time to read the rest now, will try later,
Justy.

Martial

Thanks Justy! I am very excited for this as it is such a HUGE discovery for proper treatment and hopefully full eradication of infections like this, also the added benefit of disabling other bacteria's, viruses, and pathogens that rely on similar treatment restrictive strategy this could treat many other possible long term hidden pathogenic infections!

*GG*

Hi Todd, think I saw this somewhere else on the forums? but perhaps it didn't have its own thread - so good it has one now!

I haven't been tested for Lyme (yet) but do suspect it, this could tie in with the fact that I have a manganese deficiency, and supplementing with manganese didn't seem to help.

sorry not got more time to read the rest now, will try later,
Justy.

I remember posting about it someplace, probably not it's own thread, the link was an article to Woods Hole Institute in MA, USA.

GG

adreno

PR activist
Well it wouldn't help if the article is correct, as the lyme bacteria uses the manganese as a substrate. So it seems as manganese would actually make it worse.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi @adreno yes, that is what I meant - the deficiency could be because the Lyme bacteria (if I where infected) is using up the manganese and despite replacing the depleted manganese I didn't feel any better from the manganese deficiency being corrected.

Hope this makes more sense.
Justy.

Martial

Hi @adreno yes, that is what I meant - the deficiency could be because the Lyme bacteria (if I where infected) is using up the manganese and despite replacing the depleted manganese I didn't feel any better from the manganese deficiency being corrected.

Hope this makes more sense.
Justy.

I think most people mention on other forums I belong too that once treatment really fires up and starts working issues like these will tend to resolve.. Using something to treat the infection while stop multiplication and then its just a matter of clearing out the remaining load and host of co infections, as well as breaking any cysts and bio films that were created.. Its such a pain though as there can be SO many co infections that all are equally debilitating in their own right.. THankfully though there are plenty of treatments that cover the full spectrum of cysts, bio films, co infections and the like..

Hopefully these scientists will actually find a more efficient cure though and then we could save people a BUNCH of money spent on toxic antibiotics and way too many supplements lol... And this would actually cure the lyme rather then trying to keep long term remission! :D