• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Quicksilver Scientific Intestinal Metals Detox

A.B.

After looking at some slides presenting this product, I think it's a fraud.

Sparrowhawk

I'm curious about this too. For "fraud" he does seem to know a lot about mercury and there's at least one youtube of him presenting mercury in the body at a scientific conference. A.B. do you have anything in particular you find particularly suspicious about this approach? The test they provide is the only one I am aware of that tests hair, urine and blood mercury and will differentiate between types of mercury in your report.

Just trying to explore options, thanks.

helen1

I listened to Quiksilver's Dr Chris Shade being interviewed by Dr Mercola and found him to be very knowledgeable. I took pages of notes about the different types of mercury, the different chelators, what the test results mean, etc.

He has a PhD from U of Illinois in Mercury Speciation and that seems to be the big draw of Quiksilver, the differentiation angle.

taroki

Yes I tried Quicksilver IMD recently after my biological dentist (also a naturopath) recommended it. Works very well in removing mercury/heavy metals from the gut. On approx the 3rd day, I had lucid dreaming for the first time in forever (stayed in my dream eventhough I knew I was dreaming ... even while shifting between sleep phases!). When I woke up, I immediately noticed improved mental clarity, better energy, better focus/productivity, better Asperger symptoms ... I was so very happy!!! Unfortunately it only lasted 12 hours, after which my symptoms returned and has been this way since. I can only assume then that the parasites and other toxins took place of the heavy metals removed that are causing these symptoms. If someone has more insight into why this is, please share.

Also I noticed my gut feeling tighter the more I used it. I am guessing it is because of the parasites that were attached to the mercury being released??? Someone please confirm. I was luckily able to use Enterosgel to clear out the gut and it is feeling better now.

Gave some to my boyfriend as well. His cadmium/arsenic symptoms improved (less anger/depression and sense of smell returned), and got the same gut tightness problem also (same parasites as me?).

Oh, and I noticed our private parts smelled better after using this LOL. Guess it was the heavy metals in our gut causing the smell.

stridor

Does this product cross the blood-brain-barrier? Mercury trapped in the brain has a half life of 15-20 years and that is after all exposures have stopped. An effective chelator has to be able to bring mercury out.

taroki

Nope, I don't believe it does. It does slowly move mercury out of the body though, at least according to the biological dentist/naturopath if I heard correctly.

That I understand so far only ALA, NAC, and high dose Vit B crosses blood brain barrier .... but got to do it slow or you'll move mercury up into the brain (which has happened to me and you really don't want this). Correct me if I am wrong on this since I still haven't gotten it out of the brain yet.

stridor

Yeah, mercury doesn't play nice in the brain. Mercury was the fuse that lit my methylation bomb. I could go on and on when it comes to what mercury/methylation has done to me. It is my contention that people with CFS are even at higher risk because almost all of us will have CCSVI to one degree or another. Bear with me if I tell you something that you already know...

ME/CFS is a mitochondrial problem. It weakens the cells in the heart and blood regurgitates through the tricuspid valve and back up the jugulars. This may (or may not) be different from CCSVI that is found in 54% of those with MS. We may not need to have our veins opened, I'm thinking. We need to restore cellular health and the tricuspid valve might smarten-up. This is important because with blood pushing against the blood-brain-barrier, we end up with venous congestion, poorer oxygen perfusion, less ability to remove toxic by-products (as in more brain-fog) AND the pressure could make the BBB more permeable to mercury.
So not only is our (as in us under-methylators) detox system messed up to where we might start hoarding mercury but we put pressure on the BBB to get more into the brain....sheesh!
In terms of the chelators that you listed, only ALA has the double thiol group necessary to latch onto mercury. B vitamins can boost our own detox system, but still who has 15 years to half their brain load? NAC in rat studies increased brain loading of mercury as opposed to decreasing. But to be fair, our BBB is more sophisticated and we have to take care in how we apply data like this. I think with its single-thiol group that NAC by itself will not get the job done but am open-minded to consider anything that states otherwise. BTW, greetings from the Great White North, I'm from Powassan Ontario...near North Bay. brad

Critterina

I listened to Quiksilver's Dr Chris Shade being interviewed by Dr Mercola and found him to be very knowledgeable. I took pages of notes about the different types of mercury, the different chelators, what the test results mean, etc.

He has a PhD from U of Illinois in Mercury Speciation and that seems to be the big draw of Quiksilver, the differentiation angle.
I did a google search on "university of illinois .edu shade Mercury Speciation" and didn't get anything that suggested that a Chris Shade got a PhD in Mercury Speciation from U of Illinois. Any reliable links to support this claim?

Victronix

Shade does not seem to be a fraud, in any case --

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16053099
Environ Sci Technol. 2005 Jul 1;39(13):4974-82.
Determination of MeHg in environmental sample matrices using Hg-thiourea complex ion chromatography with on-line cold vapor generation and atomic fluorescence spectrometric detection.
Shade CW1, Hudson RJ.
Author information
Abstract

A novel system for mercury speciation analysis using high-pressure ion chromatography (IC) has been developed and validated. Its chemistry permits separation of the two most abundant forms of Hg in natural waters, soils, sediments, and biota-monomethyl Hg (CH3Hg+) and mercuric Hg (Hg2+)-on the basis of the difference in charge of their respective thiourea (S=C(NH2)20) complexes. Once separated, both species are converted to Hg0 on-line and quantified by cold-vapor atomic fluorescence spectrometry (CVAFS). A column containing thiol-functionalized silica resin installed in the sample loop of the IC system traps Hg2+ and CH3Hg+ from prepared sample solutions without retaining interfering sample matrix components. The resulting matrix-independent chemistry permits external calibration of the system and a high sample throughput ( approximately 6 samples per hour). The system's accuracy has been validated with environmentally relevant reference materials. Figures of merit for the system, an average precision of approximately 2.5% and an absolute detection limit of <1 pg, are comparable to state-of-the-art gas chromatography approaches for Hg speciation analysis (ethylation/GC-CVAFS) and meet or exceed those of all extant LC systems. Low relative detection limits are attainable through preconcentration onto the thiol resin.

More papers and letters here -- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=Shade CW[Author]&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=16053099

Lynn_M

From http://www.quicksilverscientific.com/president-a-founder:
PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER
Quicksilver Scientific, LLC was founded in Lafayette, Colorado (between Boulder and Denver) by Christopher W. Shade, Ph.D. Dr. Shade has a diverse spectrum of interests and experience ranging from traditional Scottish stone masonry to geology and from open-ocean sailing to marine chemistry. This diversity is the key to harmonizing theoretical development and practical application.

Associations
Journal of Environmental Quality (Reviewer)
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (Reviewer)

Education:
1993 B.S. in Environmental Sciences and Resources Management with Geology concentration from Lehigh University

1998 M.S. in Environmental Sciences from Lehigh University
characterization and modeling of nutrient transport from agricultural catchments

2005 Ph.D. in Environmental Sciences from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
environmental metals chemistry, aqueous metals speciation, mercury analytical chemistry development

2005 Post-doctoral work at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign assessing impacts of mercury release from natural gas drilling in southeast Asia.

taroki

Taroki.. where do you get the Enterosgel? your ND? does your ND know if its ok to take it continuously? tnx
The Enterosgel I purchased from eBay. I could have purchased from the official website as well for about the same price. I do not currently have a ND, as they could not help much with Lyme disease and everything.

Currently I am doing colonics and liver flush so that is what I am focusing on. Realized the remaining parasites are stuck in the upper colon where coffee enemas could not reach. This is where colonics come in handy. Liver flush is a must of course and I wish I had done these way before parasites and detox.

I also recently purchased a portable infrared sauna from ebay for about $260 CAD. I hear it is very effective in removing mercury. Especially if one cannot tolerate oral chelation. I recently found out I have sulphur sensitivities ... which is why I had a bad allergic reaction to DMSA after a few days. Quicksilver IMD is good, but takes long and I didn't notice improvement in my symptoms after a while (I'm impatient and like to see improvements).

Hey people, I am new here. I know this thread is old but I d be interested if some of you had success with qs i did Cutler for a year but did not have any gains at all, if anything I got worse so I started taking DIM and work with a practitioner. I soon also want to get liposomal glutathion Vitamin C and start out with the IMD, but i am still sort of hesitant since everybody in the Cutler community is totally against QS to a point that they resemble more like a cult than anything else.