• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Imunovir and Inosine. What is the difference?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Can someone explain to me (really dumbed down please) the difference between these besides that one is RX and one is OTC? And wasn't there a third?

I'm getting some labs back I hope next week with NK Cell Function and other immune tests and I want to approach my doctor with some stuff for the immune system.

Thanks

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Can someone explain to me (really dumbed down please) the difference between these besides that one is RX and one is OTC? And wasn't there a third?

I'm getting some labs back I hope next week with NK Cell Function and other immune tests and I want to approach my doctor with some stuff for the immune system.

Thanks

@heapsreal knows a lot about this.

Sushi

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Thanks for Tagging him. I know there is a thread about this but it was too long for me to figure it out. I need dumbed down information.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Inosine is the main ingredient in immunovir which also has a few other things which i think increase the half life of the product, there maybe more to it. After trying both i found the immunovir seem to help more where i just dont get much out of inosine. Immunovir did increase my nk numbers some.

try inosine first as its cheap and see how it works for you, if it helps then great its something cheap that helps??

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Thanks @heapsreal Should I wait til I have test results or is it something I can just take?

At this point I'll take anything that helps so I'm batting zero these days.!

Oh there was a thread where you and some others talked about this oh and Isoprinosine. What is that?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Thanks @heapsreal Should I wait til I have test results or is it something I can just take?

At this point I'll take anything that helps so I'm batting zero these days.!

Oh there was a thread where you and some others talked about this oh and Isoprinosine. What is that?

Isoprinosine is immunovir, i would wait until u get your tests back. Not sure its something that will help straight away, like anything that treats viruses it takes time to knock'm down but then it does have some amti inflammatory effects.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Ok. Now I got it. For now. You know I'll forget in 10 minutes LOL!

I'm gonna call about my labs Monday. The doc said it would take awhile but the lab said just a week longer. I want them before my appt with the naturopath.

Thanks @heapreal!

charlie1

Isoprinosine is immunovir, i would wait until u get your tests back. Not sure its something that will help straight away, like anything that treats viruses it takes time to knock'm down but then it does have some amti inflammatory effects.
@minkeygirl, this is an older thread but I'm wondering if ended up trying either the inosine or the isoprinosine options? If so, did you have favorable results?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@charlie1 yes I did try immunovir and cycloferon, alternating them every other month.

I did not notice any difference while on them. In fact my NK Cell function dropped from 240 to 6 while on them. I just got retested to see if it was real or a lab error.

I've been off them for a few months and I am not noticing anything

I tried Source Naturals NK-3 but started too fast and felt really crap, which to me means it's doing something, so I'm going to give it a try again. I know @heapsreal is using AHCC to see how that helps him.

I'm thinking how sick you are to start (I'm pretty sick) impacts results.

charlie1

okay, thanks. Sorry you're still in the 'trying whatever will work' limbo :( I'm there too. Trying to give KPAX a shot. (amino acids and antioxidants)