• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hopefully my life is about to change...

I have EBV and HHV titers of 1:1389. I have had such a crappy quality of life for 7 years. I was perscribed Acyclovir but did not take due to its side effects and toxicity. Well I have been seeing a compeehensive medicine doctor for a few weeks and after all the blood test came back she suggested Famvir. I really hope this helps. One downside I think is ....don't antivirals have to be taken for the rest of your life? If it does reduce these viruses and I stop taking the meds won't they come back? By the way she also has me coming in once a week for Meyers Cocktail. It's an IV of vitamins .... Not sure if anyone knows about this . Thanks for listening.

Btw..has there been better results taking this at certains times or in particular doses?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I felt great on Famvir but it really constipated me so I had to stop. I also had good luck with Acyclovir.

@heapsreal can answer your questions about the virus coming back.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
i think being sick for awhile our viral load can be quite high, so takes time to lower this as antivirals dont kill the viruses but stop them multiplying, so basically waiting for them to die out i guess. Also hopefully along the way our immune system recovers enough to prevent the viruses from reactivating once off avs etc thats the plan. It seems that people need to be on these atleast a few years.

Im now not taking any antivirals regularly. What i do now is if i have bad global headaches for a few days with increased fatigue and neck glands are painful , i do a 2 week course of antivirals. Currently i last about 4 weeks until i need to jump back on. Generally now these symptoms go after being on av's for a few days, but i think this happens quicker now because my viral load is alot lower then it was when i first started these treatments.

This illness is up and down but i do seem to be surviving work better and pem isnt as bad. I think most antivirals can supress certain immune functions like neutrophils but thats just something one needs their doc to monitor regularly. I dont think it would be a bad plan to do 12months and then just do 2-4 week courses when u feel viral symptoms coming on, this is how other herpes viruses are treated?

Is it the be all and end all of cures? no but if viruses are an issue treating them will help. We all have other issues going on with dysfunctional hormones etc etc that also i think need treating to get us back close to where we need to be, easier said then done too.

I felt great on Famvir but it really constipated me so I had to stop. I also had good luck with Acyclovir.

@heapsreal can answer your questions about the virus coming back.

Wow constipation caused you to stop them? So you would take the viruses symptoms over constipation or trying something to lessen the constipation?

i think being sick for awhile our viral load can be quite high, so takes time to lower this as antivirals dont kill the viruses but stop them multiplying, so basically waiting for them to die out i guess. Also hopefully along the way our immune system recovers enough to prevent the viruses from reactivating once off avs etc thats the plan. It seems that people need to be on these atleast a few years.

Im now not taking any antivirals regularly. What i do now is if i have bad global headaches for a few days with increased fatigue and neck glands are painful , i do a 2 week course of antivirals. Currently i last about 4 weeks until i need to jump back on. Generally now these symptoms go after being on av's for a few days, but i think this happens quicker now because my viral load is alot lower then it was when i first started these treatments.

This illness is up and down but i do seem to be surviving work better and pem isnt as bad. I think most antivirals can supress certain immune functions like neutrophils but thats just something one needs their doc to monitor regularly. I dont think it would be a bad plan to do 12months and then just do 2-4 week courses when u feel viral symptoms coming on, this is how other herpes viruses are treated?

Is it the be all and end all of cures? no but if viruses are an issue treating them will help. We all have other issues going on with dysfunctional hormones etc etc that also i think need treating to get us back close to where we need to be, easier said then done too.

Thanks...

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Wow constipation caused you to stop them? So you would take the viruses symptoms over constipation or trying something to lessen the constipation?

Apparently you haven't suffered with constipation for 2 weeks non-stop only going maybe twice. Even 6 senna capsules could not get things moving so yes, at this point I chose to stop.

Also, I have IBS-C which added an entirely new level to the misery of my constipation. So don't judge.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Oh I do know about Meyer's Cocktails. They were huge years ago, not sure how much now. Just an IV with a bunch of various vitamins in them I think.

*GG*

Oh I do know about Meyer's Cocktails. They were huge years ago, not sure how much now. Just an IV with a bunch of various vitamins in them I think.

Yes, but it is important for people who are in really bad shape and have poor digestion, right?

GG

Daffodil

if your titres are high, you have a good likelihood of responding well to antivirals. I wouldn't worry right now about having to take them forever; research is going well so we should have some answers hopefully in the next few years.

good luck

I took one Famvir last night and one this morning. I feel terrible....fatigue even worse, dizzy and headache. I think I might stop. I heard of die off but only two doses in??? Can't be so soon.

Anyone experience severe bloating from either of these viruses...ebv or hhv6???? That is my worst symptom.. Well maybe just as bad as the fatigue and brain fog

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I took one Famvir last night and one this morning. I feel terrible....fatigue even worse, dizzy and headache. I think I might stop. I heard of die off but only two doses in??? Can't be so soon.

Anyone experience severe bloating from either of these viruses...ebv or hhv6???? That is my worst symptom.. Well maybe just as bad as the fatigue and brain fog

What sort of dose are u taking?
I think these symptoms are a sign that its doing something to these viruses. A person without viral issues wouldnt get any reaction? Unless unbearable, i would try and stick with it for a few days and see if things settle down, maybe a lowe dose is required or once a day dosing??

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I think you started with WAAAYYYY too high a dose.

I am very sensitive to to things so I took a 250 mg pill and cut it into 4 pieces and started on 62.5 mgs per day at night so I would sleep through the bad stuff. When I settled down from that I upped it by another 62.5 in the a.m.

That really helped me.

Maybe back down to 125 2x/day would help you, unless you want to tough it out like @heapsreal suggested

Thanks very much for the feedback. They are 250mg tabs. I will cut them in half and take one a day at night. Heapsreal how can you be so sure?? Just asking. Thanks again.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
So your gonna start at 125 Mgs pm for a few days until you're good then add the next 125? Sounds good.

As for @heapsreals comment, Not to speak for him, but I think it's an educated guess. I had horrible problems with Famvir and Valtrex. Muscle spasms and back tension which went away as my body got used to it.

Thanks very much. I'm rally hoping that all these symptoms are due to the virus and this virus is active. I was told the EBV is chronic or reactivated and my HHV6 titers were 1:1380 when they should be lower than 1:320.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Thanks very much. I'm rally hoping that all these symptoms are due to the virus and this virus is active. I was told the EBV is chronic or reactivated and my HHV6 titers were 1:1380 when they should be lower than 1:320.

I believe my EBV reactivated. I was only on about 62.5 mgs when it happened so I amped it up. As I said, I got a huge relief of my symptoms but the constipation was too much for me to deal with.

I've been taking 1600 mgs acyclovir for my HHV-6 which is doing nothing for my EBV or my CMV.

I'm going to give LDN another try tomorrow morning. When I took it at night it completely wrecked my sleep. But I felt really good on that too.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I don't know about that. I know how I feel, and I feel like I have mono. I just had someone tell me this:

If IgG is high and IgM is low, it means that you had an infection in the past.

If IgG is low and IgM is high, it means you have an active infection, but this is the first time.

If IgG is high and IgM is high, it means that you have had the infection in the past and you have an active one now again. Or you have an active infection and you have had it for a while.

So many different interpretations by people...uuugghh..lol...here are my results

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10