• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Results of survey of 305 people with MCS (DePaul/Leonard Jason study from 1990s)

Tom Kindlon

I gave away most of my old CFIDS Chronicles (old magazine of the CFIDS Association of America) recently**. I made a copy of the following and thought I'd highlight it as I thought if I don't, the info might be lost.

* I have over 200 Lever arch files of stuff relating to ME so lots of stuff eventually gets thrown out as I only have so much space

** MCS=Multiple Chemical Sensitivities

MCSSurveypage1of2brighter_zpsc6ec6928.jpg

MCSSurveypage2of2brighter_zpse1ff8cfa.jpg

taniaaust1

Thanks. I have a meeting Monday and were needing info to show MCS is an issue with ME/CFS (my states disability service dont believe ME/CFS causes a lot of the issues I have), so this info you have just given is going to be very handy for me.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Thanks. I have a meeting Monday and were needing info to show MCS is an issue with ME/CFS (my states disability service dont believe ME/CFS causes a lot of the issues I have), so this info you have just given is going to be very handy for me.

I don't think it provides strong evidence, as it is based on self-reporting. Also, if you look at the respondent profile at the end, the difference between the proportion who have ME and those who don't is not very great.

I was interested to discover recently that I have genetic variations that affect the body's ability to detoxify itself.