• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Am I positive for active EBV

Can't interpret these results. I saw a PA today and she said I have EBV and to rest....geeez
Thanks for any insight...much appreciated!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
what results do have on lymphocytes and neutrophils?
High lymphocytes can help confirm infection as well as neutrophils being high or low also can?

heapsreal

Low white cell and lymphocyte count definitely looks like your fighting something and more immune system is tiring.
your doctor has not offered antivirals to help with everything?

Low white cell and lymphocyte count definitely looks like your fighting something and more immune system is tiring.
your doctor has not offered antivirals to help with everything?

No she did not..:(. I also have very high hhv-6 titers...1:1380. My white blood cells have been low my entire life.

I was given Valcyte a while ago but decided not to take it to due to the toxicity and potential dangers

heapsreal

Some of us have had some success with famvir against cmv and hhv6. It's a lot less toxic and maybe worth a shot. At least should have an effect on ebv? ??

heapsreal

Thanks... I really want to confirm that I have an active infection.

the other thing that can go along with high ebv titres is a lymphocyte subset test, cd8 t cells are usually elevated during active herpes infection, not a specific test for them but i guess when combined with titres etc it gives more weight to whats going on??