• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Very disappointed in ProHealth -- going biopsychosocial?

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
sounds alot like that amygdala training crap, someone trying to make money out of us.
if they did a small study showing how it lowers viral load and improves nk function, then they could say it improves me/cfs. otherwise the people they are curing we cant tell if they have me or not.

Gupta trained as an economist. Was a management consultant for Price Waterhouse Coopers and then started his own company as a time and stress management and confidence building consultant to business executives.

I'm not even saying that there isn't something helpful in some of what these people sell but the useful part of what is offered through these gurus of health can be found for free and shared among people who need it. Minus the slick and expensive packaging. At least with Gupta you can get your money back.

But this stuff is hardly effective treatment regardless though it might offer some coping help but like I said you can find that for free.
And ProHealth should know better. Is there a buck in it? Can no one just say no to a dollar anymore.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Funny thing, the thread I posted about this article on the ProHealth forum only had one reply! While here on PR lots of us are discussing this article. :rolleyes:

Sushi

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I just got a response too. My subject title was: Psychobabble does not cure real illness

"Your response to this article is completely justified. (I couldn't agree with you more.) I've forwarded your email to the owner of ProHealth, Rich Carson. He has informed me similar publication mistakes will not happen again.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Yours, Erica Verrillo, Editor ME/CFS HealthWatch"

SOC

I just got a response too. My subject title was: Psychobabble does not cure real illness

"Your response to this article is completely justified. (I couldn't agree with you more.) I've forwarded your email to the owner of ProHealth, Rich Carson. He has informed me similar publication mistakes will not happen again.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Yours, Erica Verrillo, Editor ME/CFS HealthWatch"
I got the same email message. It looks like we made an impression. :thumbsup:

I'm glad to hear they don't plan to make such mistakes again. It would, nevertheless, be interesting to know how such a thing happened in the first place. Did ProHealth actually think that nonsense was going to help us? Or did someone accept and publish an "informational" email without properly vetting it? Did they never mean to send us that message (that changing our false illness beliefs would return us to optimal health), or have they just changed their minds about the marketability of that concept to us?