• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Scheduling with Dr. Peterson

Dear Friends,

I am very interested in scheduling with Dr. Peterson. However, I had heard he does not support patients applying for disability and it is impossible to get your medical records from him. Does anybody know if this is true or not? I would love to see him but am apprehensive since I do need financial support from the government to live.
Advice is appreciated. :)

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
It is also not easy to "schedule" an appointment with him. Of the many who ask for appointments, he hand picks a few.

Best,
Sushi

Tristen

It is also not easy to "schedule" an appointment with him. Of the many who ask for appointments, he hand picks a few.

Best,
Sushi

And this is becoming more true what with his increasing involvement in research and speaking venues. He sets aside Tuesdays for his me/cfs patients, and even so follows over 1000 of us.

True that he hand picks his patients, those he believes to have real me/cfs. It takes quite some time to get into him. Took me 2 years, and that was 7 years ago. Nit sure what it would be like now. I vaguely remember that back then his policy on writing reports for disability applications was that he would do so for an extra cost. I don't know where he is at with that now, but I highly doubt he does it at all....just far too busy. But patients do have a legal right to records. Not sure why that part would be a problem. I was already on disability when I got to him, so my comments are as an observer only.

I would suggest contacting Carol in nursing regarding acceptance of new patients, and medical records on the other questions.