• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best lab test for vitamin/mineral levels?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Can anyone suggest a good test? I want to get a baseline for where I'm at.
I've been using transdermals for a short time. I was diagnosed with osteoporosis last year so even more important not to make sure I get the right supps in. I struggle to take multis but am also actively looking for one I can tolerate, the rubbing in of the TD's is wearying.

I did have a Spectracell one a few years ago, maybe still the best?
A UK lab is offering a mini nutrients Spectracell - not sure what that means though.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Can anyone suggest a good test? I want to get a baseline for where I'm at.
I've been using transdermals for a short time. I was diagnosed with osteoporosis last year so even more important not to make sure I get the right supps in. I struggle to take multis but am also actively looking for one I can tolerate, the rubbing in of the TD's is wearying.

I did have a Spectracell one a few years ago, maybe still the best?
A UK lab is offering a mini nutrients Spectracell - not sure what that means though.

Is the Genova NutrEval available in the UK at a reasonable price? I have had both that and the Spectracell and the NutrEval tests many more things--maybe more than you want!

Sushi

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Sushi
that's brilliant thanks - yes Genova is available here - and whats fantastic is the private hospital just 1 mile away is now doing a phlebotomy service - my god I never thought I could get this giddy about giving blood:)

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@maryb I'm getting my DEXA done next week. I haven't had one in I think 2 years. I was diagnosed with Osteopenia a few years before that and was able to get some improvement with supplements but I changed what I was doing so I'm curious to see where I'm at now.

Hope it works out for you with the lab.