• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation issues? Blood test results.

Martial

Hey guys, just recently got back from the ER! I thought my heart was going to stop due to taking too much potassium supplementation but found other things instead..

The kept me there for a good few hours and I got some pretty weird results back for using things that HELP atp production and healthy blood cells..

Basically I won't post all of the results because it is long and tedious but rather what came out of range...

RBC 4.63 Low

MCH 31.5 High

MPV 6.9 Low

Mono % 11.4 High; And compared to WBC of 5.1 Note, I had a EBV test done some months ago which came back negative, Haven't kissed anyone or shared drinks or the like since then..

Glu 101 High, I did drink a coconut water about an hour before the test so idk if that is also a factor... I have had a rise in fat around the waist, arms, butt, and legs though... I have never had weight gain in my life before either, I also exercised extremely frequently.. The weight gain came while being sick with everything the past few months.. First I lost a lot of weight, now I have water fat type stuff over the muscles... My grandmother had diabetes but no one else in the family history.

GFR 116 <c> not sure what this means but figured I would put it in since there was stuff written lol

ALKP 27 Low, this to me seems the most bizarre as it is WAY below range I know its not related to vitamin C, or phosphorous as I get Plenty of both.. Shouldn't be from b12 as I take both lozenges at pretty large doses and get twice weekly shots... Maybe vitamin b6, or Zinc... Possibly methyl trap which triggered paradoxical folate? Or another cause which I don't know...

I have taken b12 complexes not everyday but a couple times a week, the b6 levels being so high over RDV must not cause ALKP to be low though correct?

I don't supplement with Zinc but I imagine I get plenty from my diet..

I am using fred's protocol and maybe is it possible a methyl trap is causing these issues as well?

My RBC has been steadily low or declining since the last few months from before having all my blood tests come back stone cold normal.

Only changes I have made in last few months was the methylation protocol and dealing with the same lyme issues...

I am also positive I have not been into contact with any enviromental toxins and do not use any prescription medications....

My tests results are all coming back to what looks like issues with ATP production and some kind of pre anemia though... could be some other things too but I have no idea.. LOL

Last edited:

Martial

I should also mention my methylation protocol

twice week b12 shots, plus 15000mg sublingual a day, 10,000mg of adob12 a day, 3000-7000 mg of methyl folate (solgar brand), L carnatine fumarate 855mg

I also take NT factor with no added extra ingredients,

other supplements are fermented fish cod oil, vitamin D3, Liposomal vitamin C, B complex couple times a week, resveratrol on and off again, Thera curcimum, Neuro Protek, A probiotic, Magnesium Citrate, Betaine HCL, Probiotics, and a Hyoluric acid complex for joints, and Prima Una De Gato..

I lowered my other supplements recently to focus on methylation, keeping only essentials for other things, and Prima Una De Gato to treat lyme.

I also popped 5,000mg of b12, and 1600mg of folate an hour before taking the test with coconut water. not sure if that makes a difference in results, aside from minor high glucose, though it may have been high either way without it, I do not know..

Symptoms wise I am ALL OVER THE PLACE, lol.. I felt great before when I made a post about everything but had a huge downturn which I must be sure is some kind of methyl trap, or complications with lyme combined etc...

My SLeep rythym clock seems absolutely out of whack and crazy, I will get extremely tired to the point of feeling passing out variously through out the day, usually worst in morning or afternoon, then energy starts to come and I turn into a night owl Insomniacc late at night I still sleep from 10 to 7am each day though.. fatigue of all kinds of weird which come and go, neuropathic pain, even my eyeballs get severe pain, and in the sinuses and ears, like someones stabbing stuff with an ice pick, some cramps, twitches, etc.. Cognitive hallucinations are pretty bad at times, also severe dementia feelings that come and go... Very severe levels of agitation...

Another strange thing is I don't oxygenize my body when sleeping right now, waking up feeling horrible and with severe headaches.. Like feeling like I was just holding my breathe for far too long, definitely not getting enough oxygen to brain either...

The oxygen stuff is scary at the hospital it would be in normal range of 100 over ten.. Then the ten would drop to a low of 3 or 4 at various times and the machine would start beeping like crazy with red lights, and then the oxygen would go from 100 all the way down to 76 at one point.. Blood pressure and heart rate were always stone cold normal, and I have absolutely no POT/S right now.

Last edited:

Martial

hahaha No, I mean micro grams, how the hell would anyone afford that?! hahaha plus my stomach would murder me... ;)

I also forgot to mention my potassium levels came back at 4.5 seems odd since I am pretty sure there is methyl trap, this reading is with a diet of VERY high potassium, and like no sodium, as well as supplemental potassium powder... Perhaps I am peeing it out to conserve sodium or better match sodium levels, or maybe a magnesium deficiency lol

Martial

I also guess I found out that the reason for my odd blood results was a result of the lyme... Damn you ticks!!

Hemolytic Anemia

Other Causes of Damage to Red Blood Cells

Certain infections and substances also can damage red blood cells and lead to hemolytic anemia. Examples include malaria and blackwater fever, tick-borne diseases, snake venom, and toxic chemicals.

This is of course not a final answer just a very STRONG possibility and explanation for it lol

golden

I hope you solve this bit of ur puzzle.

These things do happen to the best of us.

Being a meditator helps i think -

:)

Freddd

I also guess I found out that the reason for my odd blood results was a result of the lyme... Damn you ticks!!

Hemolytic Anemia

Other Causes of Damage to Red Blood Cells

Certain infections and substances also can damage red blood cells and lead to hemolytic anemia. Examples include malaria and blackwater fever, tick-borne diseases, snake venom, and toxic chemicals.

This is of course not a final answer just a very STRONG possibility and explanation for it lol

That might account for the blood abnormalities. Low vitamin E shortens the lifetime of red blood cells, and restoring vit E can lengthen the lifetime. As the lifetime is about 90 days it takes a while for the differences to show up. RBC increases when the lifetime increases. Was there a bilirubin count? Excess red cell death can increase that. I guess all this ticks you off

Martial

@golden I am VERY involved in spirituality actually, I meditate every day, also contemplation, and Self enquiry...

My teacher is Adyashanti and I learned from Mooji, Ramana Marashi, Eckhart Tolle, Kiran, Frances Lucille, Gaganji, Papaji, etc.. Would love to PM you about all that if you ever wanted...

@Freddd My bilirubin count if it was tested which I imagine is standard CBC came back normal, the only abnormalities are what I posted...

I don't supplement with vitamin E, but take in plenty of natural sources...

haha ticks me off? Pun intended ;)

I am not ticked off or mad, I just want to get better and have my health again so I can better help others, and to start my life again!

golden

Feel free to PM me @Martial :)

I recalled you saying you were a meditator a while a go... I think this can really be important when dealing with these sorts of things.

I don't know if @Fredd has ever seen advice on the forums but i feel something to buffer against any backlash/severe detox or whatever would help?

I accidentally poured too much black pepper in my turmeric soup a few weeks ago for example. like about a pinch or two more..... I was too lazy to remove it and ate it anyway.

My God. It was like Id eaten a pack of fireworks. It gave me extreme anxiety, breathing problems, sweats, shakes.
And i had to walk it off round my garden. It only lasted half an hour. Lol

Radio

If it was me, I would stop taking all the supplements and slowly add in one at a time, cut the dose by half and see how you feel. Active B's vitamin are not water soluble and can build up in the body, if you do in fact have poor circulation, detoxification issues. Also, I would look at my diet to see if there was any new foods that could be slowing down liver function.

Martial

@ golden Will do man! That is too funny of a story! haha

@Radio Yeah I already dropped everything but methylation supps, some vitamin C, D, Magnesium and a few herbs for the lyme... Basically only taking the very essentials and no b complexes.. Lol

saint

New here so don't know if this is still relevant. My daughter is a BSN and told me a ditzy nurse in the hospital she used to work for was going to give a patient a potassium drip. My daughter & another nurse were incredulous: said potassium can stop the heart. I take magnesium potassium chelate for energy, but there is such an interplay of so many things, that we need to put our heads and experiences and knowledge together to try to help ourselves. My kids were given fluoride as children by our (unenlightened) dentist. It stained their teeth. (Took me awhile to research & remineralize their teeth) but I learned that too much of something can cause problems.