• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does Anyone Know of a Prescription Nasal Spray for Sinusitis?

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Does anyone know of a good prescription nasal spray for sinusitis that does not interfere with cortisol production or adrenal function? Please and thank you.

South

I know my response doesn't answer your question, but just in case this is useful at all - there are a couple of natural (non-Rx) nasal sprays on the market with ingredients that kill some types of bacteria, and seem to help some cases of sinusitus. For example, xylitol nasal spray (one is made by a company called Xlear), or grapefruit seed extract nasal spray (one is made by a company called Nutribiotic), or colloidal silver nasal spray.

Iherb, Amazon, and other major supplement selling websites often carry them, if you have any interest in trying them.

Martial

I use something far better then the other stuff out there thats prescription, which only controls inflammation..

heres the link!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...11189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B000CL4MEC

It has grape fruit seed extract, and xylitol, which helps break the bio films in which bacteria may hide in the nasal passages..

A simple nasal saline rinse also works wonders to clear everything out! Neti pot is great for that!

*GG*

Google beg nasal spray. Antibiotic spray.

Yes, this is the name of it (BEG), my Dr had mine compounded at a pharmacy in MA. I could get your more info on the pharmacy if you need it? I think I used it when I first saw him and haven't really needed it since! been seeing him for over 5 years now. FYI

GG

SOC

Yes, this is the name of it (BEG), my Dr had mine compounded at a pharmacy in MA. I could get your more info on the pharmacy if you need it? I think I used it when I first saw him and haven't really needed it since! been seeing him for over 5 years now. FYI

GG
My doc is willing to prescribe BEG nasal spray, but doesn't know how to write the prescription for it. I'm clueless, too. Can you give me some kind of lead?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
My doc prescribed some strong stuff and it was totally useless - I started using nasal irrigation, which was a huge help - and of course, it won't affect your body chemically. I use this:

Looks weird but it soon really does become as trivial as cleaning your teeth.

SOC

My doc prescribed some strong stuff and it was totally useless - I started using nasal irrigation, which was a huge help - and of course, it won't affect your body chemically. I use this:

Looks weird but it soon really does become as trivial as cleaning your teeth.
I do nasal irrigation. It's helpful, but far from sufficient. Sometimes something more powerful is needed.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I have been using a colloidal silver nasal spray the last few weeks i it seems to be helping. My main issues are frontal sinuses which run along the forehead and i dont think any spray will reach but if i leave my sinuses untreated the other sinuses lower down(sphenoid, ethmoid and maxillary sinuses) will become infected etc.

I have used the BEG spray a few times and it has helped alot, at this stage i think the silver spray(Source Natural brand) is working just as good. I still need oral abx for the frontal sinuses but i have been able to reduce my dependancy on them using the spray.

Sinuses suk and can greatly worsen fatigue and headaches beyond what most people who havent had it realise.

*GG*

My doc is willing to prescribe BEG nasal spray, but doesn't know how to write the prescription for it. I'm clueless, too. Can you give me some kind of lead?

I got mine from Hopkinton Drug back in May 2009. Here is the website:

https://www.rxandhealth.com/compounding/why_compounding

The phone number on the bottle is different than the website, so perhaps is changed or I would think they have more than 1 number 508-435-4441.

Good thing I don't through away much. LOL,

Hope this helps, I can give you my Drs office number if perhaps he needs more info, just PM me.

GG

PS My directions were to use one spray in both nostrils 3x/day.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Thanks everybody. Lots of choices to try. Cute avatar Martial. My cat does that to my husband (holds his head down and cleans him)