• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation Genetic Genie Results help x 2

Hi, I woule be interested in some help on interpreting the results, what are the pathways and what the mutations do if homo or heterozygous, especially these specific combinations.
Also, if methylcobalamin is fine for both, which it should be according to my understanding.

Test result frist person
MAO-A R297R rs6323 TT +/+
VDR Taq rs731236 AA +/+

COMT V158M rs4680 AG +/-
COMT H62H rs4633 CT +/-
MTHFR 03 P39P rs2066470 AG +/-
MTHFR A1298C rs1801131 GT +/-
MTRR A66G rs1801394 AG +/-
BHMT-08 rs651852 CT +/-
CBS C699T rs234706 AG +/-
CBS A360A rs1801181 AG +/-

Test result second person
MTRR A66G rs1801394 GG +/+
VDR Taq rs731236 AA +/+

COMT V158M rs4680 AG +/-
COMT H62H rs4633 CT +/-
MAO-A R297R rs6323 GT +/-
BHMT-02 rs567754 CT +/-
BHMT-04 rs617219 AC +/-
BHMT-08 rs651852 CT +/-
CBS C699T rs234706 AG +/-
CBS A360A rs1801181 -- no call

Critterina

@lijimaid ,

Some people (not all) with COMT variations have trouble with methylcobalamin. Both of you are +/-. In my opinion, it's worth a try, but don't stick with it if you have a bad reaction. In that case switch to hydroxycobalamin.

Methylfolate supports both the MTHFR A1298C person. The other person will probably want to use it, to so the methylcobalamin doesn't deplete folate reserves when the MTRR stops being a limiting factor for the MTR enzymes.

Both of you have inefficient Vitamin D receptors (VDR), so check your Vitamin D and maybe supplement to keep it above the half-way point in the normal range.

Best wishes!

@Critterina

@lijimaid ,
Methylfolate supports both the MTHFR A1298C person. The other person will probably want to use it, to so the methylcobalamin doesn't deplete folate reserves when the MTRR stops being a limiting factor for the MTR enzymes.
Best wishes!

Thx for the fast answer, can give it a try. I heard somewhere people had problems with dosage and adverse effects, so i wasnt so sure about supplementing it.

Btw, some more information, if this helps:

Person 1 has very stable mood, even under stress, Has high homocysteine, also taking Vincopectine to lower homocysteine. Male.

Person 2 is not so stress resistant, when under stress and no sports and not enough sleep can be affected 1-2 days with need of sleep and sports to fix it to return to happy (BHMT?). Has low-normal homocysteine.
Also has Histamine intolerance (as you indicated in your signature), probably also as well either lactose and/or some cow milk protein problems. Maybe also Gluten, but is avoiding it anyhow now, so cannot say. Female.
All gut problems FIXED when on very-low-carb or ketogenic diet.

Anything to add or change under these conditions?

Vitamin D receptors should be ok, as where we live we got plenty of sun.

For both of us what be interesitng to find out if we have the warrior gene (3 vs 4 or more repetitions), but I have not yet researched what 23andMe data could prove one or the other.

Critterina

Interesting additional information, @lijimaid .

The methylB12 and TMG could also help Person 1 lower homocysteine. Hooray for the stable mood! Not everyone with those SNPs is so blessed.

Person 2, I'm attaching my allowed/restricted foods list. Histamine intolerance is a bear to figure out. If this helps, great. I can't see how the stress/sport issue is related to the SNPs shown, but then I know very little. I would guess it's more related to the detox profile (sweating is great when your liver detox is slow - my opinion and experience only). You can get that through Genetic Genie or look up the SNPs yourself.

VDR does not make Vitamin D, you know. It binds it. Having inefficient receptors (as all three of us do), it's good to have enough D circulating that every time a receptor is open, there's a D close by. I live in Tucson, AZ, known for sunny days, and yet I've known two people who live there who have had undetectable levels of Vitamin D. I have to take 10,000 IU to get my levels to 70. The test is not expensive, and if you decide to supplement, repeat the test so you kow what you're doing to yourself with the supplements.

I know nothing about "the warrior gene" - but I'd be happy to learn.