• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nutrahacker methylation report - grateful for any feedback

sianrecovery

Hi Guys

I would be very grateful for any feedback on the nutrahacker report based on my 23andMe report. I had been following Rich's protocol, and then switched to injected methyl B12.

Attachments

• NutraHacker_Detox_and_Methylation_Report_Customer_56767d2f-0b21-4978-98ea-f099595ce424.pdf
    15.8 KB · Views: 50

Critterina

My recommendations:

Avoid caffeine
Test a little methylcobalamin to see whether you can tolerate it; try substituting it in your protocol if you can
Methylfolate (you're already taking)
Vitamin D (test your levels to see you're not getting too little or too much); you might want to aim for a number in the 70 on serum tests
TMG to support the broken BHMT 08

My two cents worth - see who else shows up here and what they have to say.

Not too much new probably, compared to what you're already doing.

Critterina

Peter's right. TMG is also known as betaine anhydrous (not to be confused with the entirely different digestive aid, betaine HCl.)

Freddd

TMG, trimethyl glycine is basically choline minus one methyl group, take another methyl group off and it is dimethylglycine (TMG). HCL has hydrochloric acid and is for digestion, not to be confused. The TMG is a product of sugar beets. Avoid "Betaine" as a word as that is where all the confusion lies. Buy TMG and you will get the right thing. When a person is getting very powerful startup effects from carnitine, the TMG can often change the balance a bit and take a lot of the edge off.

I have found that it helps at times and that I don't need it at other times. However, I couldn't tell you what that change is connected to. The tablets pull moisture out of the air so if the jar gets damp air in it the tablets shart expanding and falling apart. It is still safe but it pulls moisture out of the air. If you keep it in the bathroom the tablets will all disintegrate. If you cut it they often fall apart. So if you want 500, buy 500mg, not 1000 and cut it. That is messy at best.