• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help choose a name for a new advocacy website

caledonia

You are guys are funny! Thanks on the heads up for Justice for ME.

You are right, there are several considerations for the names, is the domain taken, is the name taken. Can it be turned into something visually interesting. Does it express what we want it to express and so forth.

So we won't automatically be taking the top name without considering various factors.

People do seem to want ME in the name. The top vote-getters all have ME in the name, even though there are many options without ME to choose from.

Question - do you think Rise Up for ME is too similar to Phoenix Rising or Health Rising? We don't want people thinking it's associated with those sites or to have those sites thinking we're infringing on their name.

Izola

You are guys are funny! Thanks on the heads up for Justice for ME.

You are right, there are several considerations for the names, is the domain taken, is the name taken. Can it be turned into something visually interesting. Does it express what we want it to express and so forth.

So we won't automatically be taking the top name without considering various factors.

People do seem to want ME in the name. The top vote-getters all have ME in the name, even though there are many options without ME to choose from.

Question - do you think Rise Up for ME is too similar to Phoenix Rising or Health Rising? We don't want people thinking it's associated with those sites or to have those sites thinking we're infringing on their name.

Izola

Please re-explain for the slow children. Who are you and how did you get here? I thought I knew what we were doing.

Izola

The clarity is good, yes. I think it's fine, but i think something like JusticeforME (which i don't think is on there, so its only an example for now) is better bc it implies there's an injustice. Everybody's for Justice. Rise Up for ME I like bc its evocative and a call to action.

Advocacy is good, but it has a little connotation of being one-sided, advocating for your client by only presenting the best facts for your side.

Aren't we advocating? Throw me in the mix and my CNS Twists twist me into a tiny Frankenstinian monster. That's a good fact?-- or do I go to the closet when guests arrive? Let's not be so nice. And, as an attorney I learned a few snake charming skills.

I got into this question late. Had to sleep for a few days. So, I think I missed something. And, sometimes I'm not one of the smart kids.

Izola

O.K. I get it now. It's a web site separate and apart from this one and Health Rising. As for Health Rising, We need to ask Cort and his people, in my opinion. Some days my pain and other symptoms overtake me but I deny them the pleasure of co-opting me. In doing so I sometimes get confused on one thing, but not so confused on the next but, nontheless, confused. Begging my Pardon.

I like the Rising part. It gives me images of rising from bed and knocking the rug and the S--- out of HHS and all their supporters. The end is when we install humanity, compassion, some sense and the CCC (to start) into the insane institution that is the HHS. Please feel free to add all the other good things we can do when we get mad enough to Rise Up as in Uprising.

The knocking and stomping are mapped by those beleaguered before us and as boundless as our "law abiding" eyes can see.

JustinReilly, can you imagine pulling the 2 H's off their building,rearranging the order turning one sideways and ending it with the "T". There. You have a new avatar for the Bots who sneak peeks in here and at the new site. Just a deranged thought. Oh, I hear tiny little giggles. The Sneaky Bots like it.

How about: CureME!
I am hoping for the best in this call to action name. Web domain may not be available though.

Izola

What about just "FightME". On 2nd thought, not sure that we want to put ME or CFS in the title. Both are controversial.

Something short would work - but most importantly is if you can lead and rally people. The name will be secondary - seasoning for the steak.

You mentioned leaders. I couldn't lead a box of dead mice. Maybe we should have leaders about the world self or other report so we can start a list.

caledonia

The poll has ended. Many thanks to everyone for their votes and input. Between here and Facebook, we exceeded the goal of 100 and got 166 votes in total.

I need to look at the results and check for domain availability and so forth. There may be a round 2 to narrow things down further. I'll let you all know if that's the case.

justinreilly

I think the similarity of the names Rise Up for ME, phoenix rising and health rising isn't ideal, but I don't think it's a big problem. I don't think it's similar enough to be infringement. With respect to health rising at least it really shouldn't be considered infringement since Cort apparently doesn't think health rising infringes on phoenix rising's name. And PR was ok with health rising.

caledonia

I think the similarity of the names Rise Up for ME, phoenix rising and health rising isn't ideal, but I don't think it's a big problem. I don't think it's similar enough to be infringement. With respect to health rising at least it really shouldn't be considered infringement since Cort apparently doesn't think health rising infringes on phoenix rising's name. And PR was ok with health rising.

That's along the same lines that I was thinking.

Hi all, I need your help narrowing down a list of names for a new advocacy website.
  • The name should reflect a goal of stopping the IOM contract and the other two re-definition projects, and getting the CCC adopted.
  • It should also reflect that this is a grassroots effort by ME patients, for ME patients.
  • The name should be easy to remember, as it will be both the website name and the domain name (web address).
There are many choices, therefore I have it set up so you can vote for as many names as you like, or even add a new suggestion. So if, for example, you like 5 names, feel free to vote for all five of them.

http://poll.fm/4lfub
Did the poll close? If so, What name was chosen?