• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A discussion about Morgellon's (split thread)

Hip

I've read a lot of stories, but this one in particular stood out for me. The author mentions a number of things I've not heard of before (like GMO insects that are used for pest control???), and that Lyme bacteria is also a GMO creation. She touches on other environmental hazards like chemtrails.

What a catalogue of out-with-the-pixies mumbo jumbo.

Many Morgellons patients suffer from psychosis symptoms, most likely as a consequence of an infection, and so these patients often concoct very imitative Sci-Fi-like explanations for their illness such as the ones given here.

I think Morgellons patients are right in saying that their illness is most likely caused by an infection. However, given the psychosis symptoms that often appear in Morgellons, the highly imaginative theories that these patients tend to concoct, like those quoted above, are to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Wayne

What a catalogue of out-with-the-pixies mumbo jumbo. Many Morgellons patients suffer from psychosis symptoms, most likely as a consequence of an infection, and so these patients often concoct very imitative Sci-Fi-like explanations for their illness such as the ones given here.

Same could be said (and is said often and loudly) about people with a mysterious illness called chronic fatigue syndrome. Perhaps you should consider that many of our stories on this board appear psychotic to others as well. It just so happens I've had a long-standing rash that looks almost identical to the one she displays in her picture. Before referring to this woman's experiences as mumbo jumbo, you might want to take some time to watch some of her videos. She does not come across as somebody who is psychotic, or somebody who's sick.

Last edited:

Wayne

Snippet from the website Healing Grapevine in an article entitled, "Is Lyme Disease Related to Morgellons Disease?"
Most of the media reporting as well as the official position from the CDC states Morgellons disease is a delusional condition. The media channels that do most of the reporting on Morgellons today are considered "Conspiracy theorists or channels".

One of the theories on what causes Morgellons is the connection to the genetic alteration of agrobacterium, nematodes, and bio-pesticides within the Biotech industries which are all employing DNA delivery systems to create new foods, medicines and pest control strategies. (5,8,9,10)

Jon_Tradicionali

Alone & Wandering
@Wayne

I gave a guy who said he had M the benefit of the doubt and tried Fenbendazole as he said M and other mysterious illnesses are all on the same spectrum and caused by pathogens of different kinds.

I took Fenben, along with Pyrantel Pomoate, Mebendazole and Ivermectin for 3 months with absolutely no change in symptoms.

Like Hip said, it is very likely that M is a mental manifestation of a pathogen that has infected the individual.

Wayne

... M is a mental manifestation of a pathogen that has infected the individual.

Let me throw a little monkey wrench into that theory for the woman (Ramona) who wrote about her recovery. She is now perfectly healthy, and if you watch any of her videos, clearly appears that way. I see no evidence of physical sickness or mental psychosis. And yet, she still believes that she had Moregellons, and clearly doesn't believe it's a psychotic disease. You and Hip seem to be suggesting that she's psychotic because she still believes she once had Moregllons? Am I understanding this correctly? I just don't understand how somebody could come to that conclusion, which seems about as bizarre as somebody automatically assuming CFS is some kind of mental condition.

Jon_Tradicionali

Alone & Wandering
@Wayne

Look Wayne, I understand what you're saying here. But I know a lot more about parasites and M in particular than the average CFS user on this forum. So my opinion is not uninformed.

I tried the drugs I mentioned in my previous for three months which are commonly used by M sufferers. Albeit I did it for my CFS, not M.

I just believe that whatever Ramona did to treat M. It worked. And I'm happy for her. But what she did was treat the pathogen causing her to believe that parasites were crawling out of her skin. There was never anything really there to begin with.

leela

There was never anything really there to begin with.

Jon, since you have never seen or observed Ramona or others, you cannot really present a statement like that as fact, but rather as opinion.
Please be clear on that; you are entitled to your opinion, as Ramona is entitled to her experience.

ETA: Perhaps also you ought not to make assumptions about the knowledge base of the "average CFS user" either. There are people here who have been studying microbiology, virology, and many other sciences for many years in their quest for wellness. Many started as scientists before they became ill. We can recognise your expertise without making assumptions about others.

Jon_Tradicionali

Alone & Wandering
Jon, since you have never seen or observed Ramona or others, you cannot really present a statement like that as fact, but rather as opinion.
Please be clear on that; you are entitled to your opinion, as Ramona is entitled to her experience.

ETA: Perhaps also you ought not to make assumptions about the knowledge base of the "average CFS user" either. There are people here who have been studying microbiology, virology, and many other sciences for many years in their quest for wellness. Many started as scientists before they became ill. We can recognise your expertise without making assumptions about others.

Congrats on your two likes.

However, there are many things wrong with your post and I'd like to straighten them out.

Wrong- I HAVE observed and talked to an M sufferer and we still talk. I mentioned this in my first post which you seem to have skipped through.

Wrong- I clearly stated that what I said was my my opinion, just that it was an informed opinion.

Wrong- The average PR user does not have extensive knowledge of Morgellon’s nor has had contact with a Morgellon’s sufferer.

Please read my posts thoroughly before passing judgement on them in the future.

leela

Jon, please excuse me if, due to the fact that I have ME, I did not remember every word of your posts.

Now that you have formed your own opinion of M based on your N=1 and other observations, I do respect that you hold true to that opinion.
However I might suggest you rethink taking an adversarial stance against other patients who do not share it.

Without any specific information on the wisdom of the average PR user, you are of course welcome to your assessment of them based on
incomplete data; however I encourage acknowledging your own expertise without blanketly diminishing that of others.

It is not encouraged on PR to make sarcastic remarks about peoples' "likes". This is not a competition.

Jon_Tradicionali

Alone & Wandering
@leela

You're excused.

I did/do not take a stance against anyone regarding any subject on PR.

I merely share my own opinions based on my knowledge and beliefs.

The knowledge base of the average PR user has not yet been studied so you nor I can definitively state their knowledge on M. That was just again my belief as it was yours.

I'm unsure why you are of the opinion that my congratulations to your likes of sarcasm rather than admiration. There is no competition here and there is no basis for the said sarcasm.

Back to topic.

There are a select pathogens, infections and conditions which have listed symptoms such as "crawling sensations".

The above is not my opinion but FACT. Just search PubMed.

As you Leela, I too have difficulty focusing.