• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Raw Vegan (80/10/10)

Has anyone here tried a high carb/low fat/low protein diet raw vegan diet? Somthing similar to the 80/10/10 diet by Douglas Graham

I have been reading several pretty incredible healing stories from people who went on this raw fruit based diet who experienced amazing results.

I know the standard here is a low carb paleo type diet, but has anyone tried something similar to this?

shah78

I did 80/10/10. from 1981 to 1989. Free radical orgy. Low cholesterol, low testosterone, low cortisol, low vit d, abdominal fat, incredible DOM/PEM, depression/anxiety, SAD, pollen allergies, low thyroid, a few whopper infections. CFS poster boy. Went Paleo (high fat) in 2011, took lots of cold baths(2012), started Fredddddd's protocol(2013). Bam. Life is good. Please avoid grass fed ruminant lipidphobia. You may feel good for a while at 80/10/10. (Depends where you came from), but eventual the bottom will fall out.

Last edited:
I did 80/10/10. from 1981 to 1989. Free radical orgy. Low cholesterol, low testosterone, low cortisol, low vit d, abdominal fat, incredible DOM/PEM, depression/anxiety, SAD, pollen allergies, low thyroid, a few whopper infections. CFS poster boy. Went Paleo (high fat) in 2011, took lots of cold baths(2012), started Fredddddd's protocol(2013). Bam. Life is good. Please avoid grass fed ruminent lipidphobia. You may feel good for a while at 80/10/10. (Depends where you came from), but eventual the bottom will fall out.

Thanks shah.

That seems to be most peoples experience from what I've read.

They feel GREAT the first few months, but then as time goes on they virtually all end up with health problems and going back to meat. I think I'm going to avoid it but just wanted to see other people's experiences on here.

If you don't mind me asking, what does your diet look like now? How many carbs a day? What were your symptoms of CFS that the diet and methylation protocol have improved?

shah78

not only did I feel great, I did the Ironman Triathlon on that crazy Diet. I copied Dave Scott's idea of rinsing off the cream/milk from cottage cheese. (they didn;t have low fat products in 1981. the dark ages!).Three weeks after my Triathlon I got the triggering virus that I NEVER RECOVERED FROM FOR OVER THIRTY YEARS. I now eat sixty percent fat in the summer and eighty percent fat in the winter. Jack Kruse's seasonal ketosis theory. I eat a PHD amount of carbs in Summer. 20% protein all year round. 30-50 grms of veggies in winter.... Diet/cold therapy/heavy metal chlation gave me more energy and lifted my mood, but the methylation protocol intensified any previous effect by5 to ten times. I still can't really quanity it. I'm really too overwhelmed by it. I'll revisit this post when I can do so. Just the idea of a level of magnitude of improvement is tough to contemplate. That is Star Trek territory!

Last edited by a moderator:

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Raw vegan diet is a very bad choice long term according to a lot of people recovering from that diet in forums. We NEED the meat. If you don´t like that, ask the Kreator. I don´t like it either, having to kill to be alive! But I like eating meat, so I stay in this messed up place and I eat my roasted chicken. I just hope they had a good life in the organic farms.

not only did I feel great, I did the Ironman Triathlon on that crazy Diet. I copied Dave Scott's idea of rinsing off the cream/milk from cottage cheese. (they didn;t have low fat products in 1981. the dark ages!).Three weeks after my Triathlon I got the triggering virus that I NEVER RECOVERED FROM FOR OVER THIRTY YEARS. I now eat sixty percent fat in the summer and eighty percent fat in the winter. Jack Kruse's seasonal ketosis theory. I eat a PHD amount of carbs in Summer. 20% protein all year round. 30-50 grms of veggies in winter.... Diet/cold therapy/heavy metal chlation gave me more energy and lifted my mood, but the methylation protocol intensified any previous effect by5 to ten times. I still can't really quanity it. I'm really too overwhelmed by it. I'll revisit this post when I can do so. Just the idea of a fucking level of magnitude of improvement is tough to contemplate. That is Star Trek territory!

Cool thanks.

Are you talkin about the richvank methylation or the b12 one?

knackers323

Pretty much Freddddddd's .but with modest doses so far.

Hi can you tell us a bit about your experience with methylation. How long to see effect, supps used, symptoms resolved etc.

Or point me to where you have already done this. Thanks

joshi81

hi i also followed a raw vegan diet but as @shah78 i felt gret at the start but then crushed, it is not a balanced diet in my opinion, it's a good cleaning diet if followed for a period but not as a staple of eating.
Said that i'm also cusious to know more about your experience with methylation, which supps are u taking, and the dose of each one..and also which symptoms did you have which got better o disappeard..if you don't mind
thanks