• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My 23 and ME- Pls Help

Seven7

Seven
@Valentijn , @caledonia and all experts pls help me interpret this results.

Here are your homozygous mutations as indicated in your SNP gene table above (not including MTHFR):

• MAO-A R297R
  • BHMT-02
  • BHMT-08
Here are your heterozygous mutations as indicated in your SNP gene table above (not including MTHFR):

• VDR Bsm
  • VDR Taq
  • MTRR K350A
  • AHCY-01
  • AHCY-19
  • MTHFR A1298C

Seven7

Seven
Detox profile:
homozygous
CYP3A4*1B s2740574 cc
SOD2 A16V rs4880 GG

STT1 present.

Hetero:
CYP1B1 L432V rs1056836 CG
CYP1B1 R48G rs10012 CG
CYP2E1*1B 9896C>G rs2070676 CG
NAT2 I114T rs1801280 CT
NAT2 G286E rs1799931 AG
NAT2 K268R rs1208 AG

Sea

But keep in mind these are the snps that Yasko determines affect methylation, there are others that are not in her list.

It can be valuable to look at each of the genes in the methylation pathway in your 23andme raw data and check your snps at dbsnp. If you find missense mutations it is possible they have some effect though a lot of them don't have any study done on them yet.

Valentijn has posted a few threads on some of the genes (MTHFR, COMT, MTRR) which would make it easier for you

caledonia

@Valentijn , @caledonia and all experts pls help me interpret this results.

Hi Inester,
Methylation cycle:
You have no First Priority mutations.

You have MTHFR A1298C, so some methylfolate for that. This is only about a 20% reduction, so you probably wouldn't need a large amount, unless there was some other blocking factor.

MTRR is B12 recycling so some B12 for that. I think the K350A is one of the more minor ones, so again you probably wouldn't need that much supplementation (genetically speaking). For your COMT/VDR combo Yasko suggests all three types of B12 (hydroxy, methyl and adenosyl) with less methylcobalamin.

You have VDR Bsm which is the vitamin D receptor, so get your vit. D levels checked and supplement for that if it's low.

The BHMTs are secondary backup methylation cycle, so some lecithin for that to produce some TMG.

MAO can affect serotonin. Yasko suggests to balance the rest of the cycle first, then if you're still having mental health type problems, supplement with a sprinkle of 5htp. This would be contraindicated if you're on an SSRI/SNRI.

The ACHYs are supposed to balance themselves once the rest of the cycle is balanced.

Detox SNPs:
GSTT1 present - this affects glutathione, so it being present is good.

The CYP1B1s regulate estrogen. Mutations can cause estrogen dominance which can cause estrogen related cancers. You can eat cruciferous veggies or take DIM, IC3 or calcium d-glucarate to lower estrogen.

CYP2E1*1B +/- detoxifies nitrosamines and ethanol (acetaldehyde), so you may have trouble tolerating those.

NAT2 - the NATs detoxify petrochemicals and smoke. So don't smoke and avoid petrochemicals and smoke.

CYP3A4*1B detoxifies over 50% of all prescription medications and most steroid hormones, so you may have trouble tolerating those.

SOD2 A16V - super oxide dismutase. This affects the mitochondria and thus energy. You can do general mito support like CoQ10, ribose, carnitine, etc. or try a GliSODin formula or Biotec Extra Energy Enzymes.

The Detoxigenomics Sample Report in my signature links has a lot more info on these, including drug lists.

=-=-=-=
Like the others are saying, in general, your SNPs aren't that bad. In that case, I would start looking to possible functional issues as a greater factor in what is causing you to be sick. For example, mercury and lead can both mess up folate and B12 functioning. Oral birth control depletes folate. Vegetarianism can deplete B12 if not properly supplemented. Antacids can deplete B12. Various other medications can deplete folate, B12 and various other things. Gut issues can impede vitamin and mineral absorption. Toxic exposures can deplete glutathione. etc. etc. etc. etc.

A Nutreval test might be invaluable in pointing you in the right direction.