• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inflammation in Lyme / CFS / FM presentation by Dr Horowitz

Lotus97

I watched part of that video so far and we got Dr. Horwitz's book out of the library. Also, the first two Lyme doctors we've looked up both say they studied under him.

One thing I'm wondering is that he said the pain is migratory. But my pain tends to occur in specific areas and it gets worse with more use. I've been trying a collagen protocol and also supplements for inflammation. I'm not really sure what to do. Right now it's worse in my hands, but other times it's been worse in other parts of my body. I've also tried medications for nerve pain and I'm taking the high dose of methylcobalamin. I'd really like to know what's causing the pain. He mentioned low dose Naltrexone (LDN) which I know some of the people on Phoenix Rising have been taking. I think I'm going to try that next because hopefully it will help with inflammation. Besides pain I've been having depression on and off for the past year which I think is from inflammation. I've actually had depression for a lot longer, but it was somewhat under control with my medication until recently.

Valentijn

I watched part of that video so far and we got Dr. Horwitz's book out of the library. Also, the first two Lyme doctors we've looked up both say they studied under him.
I think Lyme and ME/CFS are different illness, albeit with a significant overlap. PEM is not part of Lyme. I think it's most likely that Lyme, like other infections, can lead to ME/CFS. Getting rid of the Lyme might or might not resolve the ME/CFS.

Last edited: