• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS/ME as a Liver issue

undcvr

CFS is a paleo diet and absolutely no gluten or dairy
CFS is depression (Lithium, Methylfolate, NAC)
CFS is fatigue (B9 methylfolate, mb12, B6(P5P), B3(NADH), NAC)
CFS is pyroluria B6(P5P) 300-400mg. Zinc 300-400mg
CFS is methylation B9 methylfolate 60mg, Sam-e
CFS is a weak malfunctioning immune system/ autoimmune/inflammation (NAC, Vit D, DHEA, Omega 3s, Curcumin, GLA,)
CFS is a weak liver detox (B vites, Artichoke, Pectin, Bioflavonoids, Fiber, NAC)
CFS is also a fast liver phase 1 and slow liver phase 2 detox 'weak liver' ( bioflavanoids esp naringinin, Grapefruit, D-Limolene)

The fatigue comes from: low methylation, toxic metabolites from a fast liver phase 1 and autoimmune flare ups from n over reactive/weak immune system

have just found this when searching the site for information on liver dysfunction. I have recently had a fibroscan. It was not conclusive but suggests a liver problem. My blood tests have never shown any issues. I would suggest anyone who can afford it gets a fibroscan.

For those who cant afford it my health has been improving since starting to take N-acetyly cysteine. I have recently added ATP and have enough energy to do some muscle building exercise. I also recommend checking for vitamin D deficiency and consider phosphylatyl serine. The alert may notice the similarities between this and the methylation protocol.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
There are a variety of threads with different protocol ideas they all seem to have some merit.

Since some people seem to respond to supplements I get to thinking when I read these threads. Is it not only that we have different symptom groups but also it's the where we are at in the disease cycle that matters as to what helps or not?

I'm thinking of supplements here. While they're not a cure they do seem to help some people.

I mention this because it would be helpful to know for example, the people who had similar liver function results, how long had they been sick?

Maybe it's not as meaningful as I imagine it might be, but I do wonder.

Research 1st

Severe ME, POTS & MCAS.
CFS is a paleo diet and absolutely no gluten or dairy
CFS is depression (Lithium, Methylfolate, NAC)
CFS is fatigue (B9 methylfolate, mb12, B6(P5P), B3(NADH), NAC)
CFS is pyroluria B6(P5P) 300-400mg. Zinc 300-400mg
CFS is methylation B9 methylfolate 60mg, Sam-e
CFS is a weak malfunctioning immune system/ autoimmune/inflammation (NAC, Vit D, DHEA, Omega 3s, Curcumin, GLA,)
CFS is a weak liver detox (B vites, Artichoke, Pectin, Bioflavonoids, Fiber, NAC)
CFS is also a fast liver phase 1 and slow liver phase 2 detox 'weak liver' ( bioflavanoids esp naringinin, Grapefruit, D-Limolene)

The fatigue comes from: low methylation, toxic metabolites from a fast liver phase 1 and autoimmune flare ups from n over reactive/weak immune system

Indeed, as CFS can be anything.

This this is the fundamental error in the CDC creating and utilizing CFS as a diagnosis with no test to confirm it is even there because even if it 'it' is, then what is 'it'? :)

Your reasons are all accurate, however they can be found to be null in research studies because of the Fukuda CFS criteria. The same goes for pathogen studies also. No conclusive cause can be found for CFS, by default, as long as the diagnostic criteria remain as they are.

Consequently patients with the reasons you list above, are never known to have these ailments and sadly remain ill for decades or forever.

Radio

have just found this when searching the site for information on liver dysfunction. I have recently had a fibroscan. It was not conclusive but suggests a liver problem. My blood tests have never shown any issues. I would suggest anyone who can afford it gets a fibroscan.

For those who cant afford it my health has been improving since starting to take N-acetyly cysteine. I have recently added ATP and have enough energy to do some muscle building exercise. I also recommend checking for vitamin D deficiency and consider phosphylatyl serine. The alert may notice the similarities between this and the methylation protocol.

The Liver Connection
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/the-liver-connection.28937/

howirecovered

Someone tell me how to go about a liver flush? What do you take? I am clueless

Here's a summary for you: http://howirecovered.com/the-morning-liver-flush-and-other-formulas/

Curious to know how others have done with liver flushing... I've done five now and blogging about it here: http://howirecovered.com/category/liver/

Losing a little weight and seeing my bile flow increase dramatically. But I think because so much toxic stuff is draining out with the additional bile flow that it's going to take a while before I actually feel better. Very hopeful anyway.