• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Norwegian rituximab study to start 2014

Firestormm

Yeah I must admit - and without time to look again at the published paper - but I thought it was Fukuda and CCC first time. Might be wrong, but I didn't think it was only Fukuda because that would have raised more concerns among the patients...

@Bob can you remember off the top of your head? Thanks :)

Ninan

It was only Fukada. But later they found that almost all patients (except maybe two, not sure) fitted CCC.

Now since Rituximab probably doesn't have much effect on depression I guess using CCC will increase the number of responding patients rather than decrease it. They have seen better results in later studies. This could be due to using better criteria.

Ninan

"The inclusion criteria were: a diagnosis of CFS by a neurologist, according to the Fukuda 1994 criteria [5], age 18–65 years, and written informed consent. Exclusion criteria were: fatigue not fulfilling CFS criteria, previous malignant disease (except basal cell carcinoma and cervical dysplasia), previous long-term immunosuppressive treatment, previous Rituximab treatment, endogenous depression, lack of ability to adhere to protocol, or evidence of on-going infection."

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0026358

user9876

It was only Fukada. But later they found that almost all patients (except maybe two, not sure) fitted CCC.

Now since Rituximab probably doesn't have much effect on depression I guess using CCC will increase the number of responding patients rather than decrease it. They have seen better results in later studies. This could be due to using better criteria.

I thought that they had a placebo response from someone fulfilling the Fukada definition but not the CCC one.

aimossy

Its been a while I am hoping their last paper will be published within a few months from now.

Edit. actually just realised it wasn't long since I looked here.....completely lost with time frames at the moment.:)