• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

To all that suffer

leela

I bet coconut oil would work well for this purpose.
It could, but it is by nature cooling, which might not be great for this purpose, and some people don't tolerate it well.

Then again those who don't tolerate nuts might not do well with sweet almond oil.

Ema

It could, but it is by nature cooling, which might not be great for this purpose, and some people don't tolerate it well.

Then again those who don't tolerate nuts might not do well with sweet almond oil.
Maybe that is why coconut oil works well for vaginal yeast...because of the cooling aspects.

I was more referring to the fact though that it seems to "soak in" really well to tissues and might be less messy overall.

I suspect that trial and error is required to find the best oil for any one person. There are so many good ones out there to try.

I googled "rope worms". The first link (https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=32749.0) is about Volinsky and Gubarev's research. A forum member wrote,

I personally do no need to know more.
Alex, out there it is full of charlatans who try to take advantage of us. You probably have not grasped yet the scale of the problem. A safe bet is that at least 95% of the info on the web is just pure BS (without worms).

Tito, I'm very well versed in Charlatans. I can smell them from a mile away. But when a person gives out free research and people across the world are benefiting from it AND the researched doesn't get a penny from it since you can make the remedy at home for pennies, then i dont see how you can call that person charlatan.

It's still a chemical used as a disinfectant. And if you're a pigeon, it may take a good whack at your thyroid levels: http://www.pnas.org/content/83/5/1485.short

Critterina, MMS (drops of chlorine dioxide mixed with water) is not a bleach. Every single chemical known to man can be poisonous when taken in too large of quantities. There have been many instances of people dying from drinking to much water. Ninety five percent of the medicines known to man are extremely poisonous when used in large quantities. About 15 aspirins can kill a person. One half of a cup of most of the chemicals under your sink would kill a person. Industrial strength Chlorine dioxide solutions has absolutely nothing to do with MMS. MMS is only a few drops of Chlorine dioxide (or even just Sodium chlorite) diluted in plenty of water – it simply does not have the potential to bleach anything at all. That is ridiculous - to push the idea that MMS is a bleach, as no one has ever used MMS for a bleach.

Violeta

Well, it does have the ability to bleach, because I have used MMS and gotten some bleach spots on my clothing.

That is a very convenient statement for your argument, one that I question the validity of. How in the world would you manage to get mms on your clothing when Sodium Chlorite on becomes mms after being activated. After activation you would pour water into it. How did you manage to get the activated solution on your cloth.

But in anycase, this is getting silly. To each his own. I wish everyone luck in there recovery process, whatever method one finds appropriate!

Violeta

]
That is a very convenient statement for your argument, one that I question the validity of. How in the world would you manage to get mms on your clothing when Sodium Chlorite on becomes mms after being activated. After activation you would pour water into it. How did you manage to get the activated solution on your cloth.

But in anycase, this is getting silly. To each his own. I wish everyone luck in there recovery process, whatever method one finds appropriate!

Have you ever used MMS? Have you ever smelled it? It smells just like bleach. You can activate it, mix it with water, and use it on your skin. I used to use it on my skin, and some of it would accidentally drip on my clothing. It does bleach material.

Wayne

... my post was addressing the patients who DO NOT take the time needed to really research a treatment and right away bash it and discard it. That not only negatively affects themselves but other readers on these boards who might benefit from the treatment but don't have the energy to do the necessary research and rely on these boards as a one stop shop.

Good comments. I totally agree. If I had not (extensively) researched and used some of the more "bizarre" therapies people sometimes use, I don't believe I would be alive today.

Last edited:

Wayne

I'm not diving into anything here but will say. I've been looking at coffee enemas for some time - okay not for everyone and I understand that. But when you're full of toxins (as I am) how the hell do you get rid of them if you can't tolerate supplements etc. sensitive to the world. ...... Okay its a very personal choice but I'm willing to try this strange procedure - I will report back....

Maryb, good luck on your experimention with CEs. I personally believe CEs would benefit most pwCFS if they were done according to each person's needs and resilience. At a minimum, I think it would be beneficial if virtually everybody, sick or not, knew how to at least do one, in case of an emergency detox situation.

I often shudder when I read about some forum members who undertake antibiotic, antiviral, methylation, or other measures that induce dieoff and detox, without having prepared for a crisis situation by being able to quickly do a CE if it becomes necessary.

Last edited:

Wayne

@maryb, good write-up on coffee enemas: http://www.mygutsy.com/the-ultimate-liver-detox-coffee-enemas/ ...... I've just done a series of 4 days in a row...big deal for me, but some folks do them daily. ahmo

Thanks ahmo for the link; good in-depth information.

Regarding her well-done writeup, I want to point out that she didn't mention how people who do CEs regularly need a more efficient method of making the "coffee solution" than making it just before each CE. The following video describes fairly closely how I make up several days of coffee solution at a time, and then store it in the refrigerator. --- How To Make Coffee Enemas Gerson Style.

I put a pre-measured amount of coffee in a jar and have it in my bedroom so I can conveniently get to it first thing in the morning upon awakening. With the coffee solution, hot plate, pan, and enema bag all in my bedroom, it makes for a lot of convenience. I often shake my head in wonderment why so many You-Tube videos and written descriptions of how to do CEs employ such cumbersome recommendations (including not using pre-made coffee solution), along with other uncomfortable recommendations.

I do mine in my bed while at the same time doing dry brush massaging and other very relaxing energetic and polarity exercises. I guess I have to remember that I've done them for so long, don't have any problem holding them, and never have to deal with any leaking, etc. I suspect that since my long experience has allowed me to do them without any discomfort whatsoever, I sometimes fail to fully appreciate that some people have far less experience, and will consequently have more difficulties.

But no matter anybody’s starting point, I think it's safe to assume that once the body (and brain) have gotten used to them, they will become much more comfortable and efficient to do, and quite likely enjoyable as well. I'm still amazed how various levels of pain, depression, anxiety, and other indicators of chronic toxicity, dissipate as I allow my liver and body to get rid of its toxic load. Interestingly, coffee enemas to treat depression was the topic of a 1922 New England Journal of Medicine article. For anybody interested, HERE's A LINK to that NEJM article. Just a couple paragraphs should give you the gist of it.

Last edited:

Freddd

Twenty-five years ago a woman here in Utah was mixing up batches of this stuff and started a multilevel marketing scheme and sold the pint or maybe quart bottles of this for $30, $10 to the highest level of distributers. She was selling it with all sorts of claims and was quickly shut down by the FDA.. I saw, smelled and tasted it. It smelled like bleach. It tasted like salty bleach. None of the people I know who tried it had any effectiveness at all.

It smells like bleach. It quacks like bleach. It is used as bleach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorine_dioxide
In the laboratory, ClO2 is prepared by oxidation of sodium chlorite:

Bleaching[edit]
Chlorine dioxide is sometimes used for bleaching of wood pulp in combination with chlorine, but it is used alone in ECF (elemental chlorine-free) bleaching sequences. It is used at moderately acidic pH (3.5 to 6). The use of chlorine dioxide minimizes the amount of organochlorine compounds produced.[12] Chlorine dioxide (ECF technology) currently is the most important bleaching method world wide. About 95% of all bleached Kraft pulp is made using chlorine dioxide in ECF bleaching sequences.

Chlorine dioxide also is used for control of zebra and quagga mussels in water intakes.
Chlorine dioxide also was shown to be effective in bedbug eradication.

Chlorine dioxide is also used for the bleaching of flour.

2 NaClO2 + Cl2 → 2 ClO2 + 2 NaCl , salty bleach, as I tasted.

Chlorine dioxide is a chemical compound with the formula ClO2. This yellowish-green gas crystallizes as bright orange crystals at −59 °C. As one of several oxides of chlorine, it is a potent and useful oxidizing agent used in water treatment and in bleaching.

Chlorine dioxide is toxic, hence limits on exposure to it are needed to ensure its safe use. The United States Environmental Protection Agency has set a maximum level of 0.8 mg/L for chlorine dioxide in drinking water.[27] The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), an agency of the United States Department of Labor, has set a 8 hour permissible exposure limit of 0.1 ppm in air (0.3 milligrams per cubic meter (mg/m(3))) for people working with chlorine dioxide.[28]
On July 30, 2010 and again on October 1, 2010, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), warned against the use of the product "Miracle Mineral Supplement" or "MMS", which when made up according to instructions produces chlorine dioxide. MMS has been marketed as a treatment for a variety of conditions, including HIV, cancer, and acne. The FDA warnings informed consumers that MMS can cause serious harm to health, and stated that it has received numerous reports of nausea, severe vomiting, and life-threatening low blood pressure caused by dehydration,[29][30] among other symptoms, such as diarrhea.

Wayne

Freddd, couldn't similar statements be made about things like ozone? And yet ozone and various other oxygenation therapies have been used successfully in Europe and around the world for decades. Ozone can kill, it can also heal. Same with many other modalities. Isn't it possible there could be a similar situation with various chlorine compounds, including DCA (dichloroacetate), which has been used successfully for decades to treat mitochondrial disorders (as in ME/CFS), and more recently for cancer?

I myself don't really care whether chlorine dioxide is technically a bleach or not; I only care whether it works or not when used in small therapeutic doses, and whether those small doses pose a substantial enough risk that would outweigh trying it. And if I was a parent of a child with autism, whether the risks of trying minute amounts on my child more than offset the risks of not trying a therapy that other children with autism have found to be extraordinarily effective.

Last edited:

Rand56

I don't have a dog in the fight here since I'm not doing MMS, but I would like to say I wouldn't put a lot of faith in "whatever" the FDA says. They're just partners in crime with Big Medicine and Big Pharma. Just my 2 cents.

Freddd

Freddd, couldn't similar statements be made about things like ozone? And yet ozone and various other oxygenation therapies have been used successfully in Europe and around the world for decades. Ozone can kill, it can also heal. Same with many other modalities. Isn't it possible there could be a similar situation with various chlorine compounds, including DCA (dichloroacetate), which has been used successfully for decades to treat mitochondrial disorders (as in ME/CFS), and more recently for cancer?

I myself don't really care whether chlorine dioxide is technically a bleach or not; I only care whether it works or not when used in small therapeutic doses, and whether those small doses pose a substantial enough risk that would outweigh trying it. And if I was a parent of a child with autism, whether the risks of trying minute amounts on my child more than offset the risks of not trying a therapy that other children with autism have found to be extraordinarily effective.

Hi Wayne,

I have no idea if it works for other uses. All I know was that it didn't do diddly for those who tried it that I knew. One of the persons had CFS and was recovering from lymphoma.

Freddd

I don't have a dog in the fight here since I'm not doing MMS, but I would like to say I wouldn't put a lot of faith in "whatever" the FDA says. They're just partners in crime with Big Medicine and Big Pharma. Just my 2 cents.

Hi Rand,

On the other hand quacks and quack remedies flourished before the pure food and drug laws were passed. They still do, just more hidden. If it works, do a controlled study to demonstrate it. The MLM people that have made lots of money off of it. That too makes me very suspicious. It is simple to make, simple to take and could easily have a study done. Instead the marketers play hide and seek with the legal authorities and play out all underground and attracts a certain kind of crook. It's hard enough to keep licensed docs away from financial fraud. In Utah it was marketed like a fraud by people who were out to make a financial killing. This I ran into personally.