• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Finding a good Lyme doctor

Lotus97

I just went to a doctor. He wasn't specifically a Lyme doctor, but we found out about him from a friend of a friend who I think has Lyme. The doctor does seem to specialize in treating chronic illness in general. He seemed more like a salesman than a doctor.

I think probably his treatments work, but he seems like he wants to do his special protocol rather than focusing on Lyme. He also didn't seem to think that treating my hormones and using LDN (two other things I think are important) would be enough. He was very vague about everything.

It was a free consultation, but I don't see the point in driving 5 hours just to get the run around. It sounds like a very long drawn out treatment plan which I know is likely with my situation and others, but I want to keep costs down. He also has his own supplement brand. Of course Dr. Horwitz is doing the same thing now with supplements.

I really don't know what to do. There's another doctor who we called to find out how much she charges and she called and left a message telling us to check her website, but we couldn't find information on her website about that and she didn't respond to our email. I really don't trust companies with poor customer service and this is sort of the same thing. I'm not sure what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

SOC

@Lotus97
I have some acquaintances with several family with Lyme. They have a LLMD in Iowa or Missouri that they really like. He seems very sensible and practical and not into selling his own product, from what I'm hearing. If that would help you any, let me know and I'll look him up.

Lotus97

@Lotus97
I have some acquaintances with several family with Lyme. They have a LLMD in Iowa or Missouri that they really like. He seems very sensible and practical and not into selling his own product, from what I'm hearing. If that would help you any, let me know and I'll look him up.
Thanks. I appreciate it. I live in Ohio though. I'm seriously considering checking out doctors in adjacent states though. It's pretty hard traveling and I'm not sure my parents want to drive far either, but the person we just went to was 2.5 hours each way. Even longer with traffic. Maybe it will be worth the extra drive.